[Answered] Mobile Viewing (non-iPhone/Android)

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by JasonH, Feb 22, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. JasonH
    Original Member

JasonH Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm one of the poor saps that has a company issues phone with a useless OS, specifically a Palm Pre running WebOS. I tried to view MP on the phone and it was extremely difficult. Imbedded images in a thread caused a broken link message, the site was very hard to navigate, and despite being in downtown Denver with perfect signal it was agonizingly slow.

So, a suggestion. Can we poor non-iPhone/Android users get a generic phone browser friendly version of MP?

Gargoyle likes this.
  2. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I'm using WinMobile 6.0, it takes the standard version of the site, turns it into a long single column, and requires a lot of scrolling. No easy navigation, hard to read. I'd also like a mini version.

3. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Randy's vision is a mobile site rather than specific apps for each platform:
    http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/whats-ahead.204/#post-1229

As a BlackBerry user, I support this approach as well!

Gargoyle likes this.
  4. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Thanks and we do have a long-term mobile approach planned but unless we can get the base technology and the right content organized, none of that will be important. We are solely focused right now of the opening launch and subsequent 60 days to prove out how MilePoint will be valuable to its members. Thanks for understanding, we are truly working as long and as hard as we can right now to get the basics done right.

5. cockpitvisit
    Original Member

cockpitvisit Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is there an Opera Mobile or Opera Mini for your mobile device? MP should work fine with that, apart from the WYSIWYG editor of course.