[Answered] MilePoint Cares

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by sinfonia, Feb 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sinfonia
    Original Member

sinfonia Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm very pleased to see such an item on MilePoint and can't wait to see what this community decides to do with MilePoint Cares. I have seen that Randy has already offered to use some of the balance to support the Susan G. Komen Foundation, a worthy cause. I'm hopeful that future organizations that benefit from MilePoint Cares will be equally as worthy. I'm curious as to how funds will be raised in MilePoint Cares and notice that there are no posts in the forum yet and no ability to post in the forum. I suspect an idea is already in place, and I look forward to seeing what is revealed about this in the near future.

moa999 likes this.
  2. moa999
    Original Member

moa999 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I also hope the chosen causes reflect the global diversity of the site

3. lili
    Original Member

lili Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm wondering if it's ethically/morally/politically correct to start a Kiva MilePoint team. The FlyerTalk team has been very successful in getting significant new loans and team members, and it doesn't seem right to undercut them (us.) But maybe we could start some friendly competition and really build up both teams, benefiting everyone.

kiwi likes this.
  4. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    We do have positive plans for our cares program and simply with the focus on technology and making sure it works in this beta, did not have time to post up everything or anything other than we will be active. I think you can get an idea when you look at one of the benefits in our member status program:
    http://milepoint.com/forums/help/trophies
    you'll notice that at the base level and we believe that most active members will get here over time that we are donating money into the general fund for each member. i don't think you'll find that in any other frequent flyer/business traveler community. And that is just the beginning. We have plans that at certain other levels of status that you may elect to have a match/partial match to some of your own charity efforts. I think anyone that has followed me for some time knows that I am always committed to giving back and MilePoint will reflect that. We will also reflect a global care program but all this will come and hopefully be displayed by our launch date if not right after. As well, I am continuing my somewhat pioneering "Fly For The Cure" program so look forward to more information on that as well. Thanks for the question, one of the topics dear to my heart.

sinfonia likes this.
  5. sinfonia
    Original Member

sinfonia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, Randy, for responding to this with more information and a partial tease. I'm looking forward to learning more about the matching campaigns and the global care program, as well as continuing to follow the excellent Fly For The Cure program, all as they are revealed (about these "certain other levels of status" too). MilePoint does most certainly appear to be the only of its class to encourage charity from its members by starting the pot with a donation, and this is consistent with the overarching ethos of MilePoint. Thanks for your gracious efforts, Randy.