[Answered] Marking forums with new posts

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by vbroucek, Feb 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. vbroucek
    Original Member

vbroucek Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am getting older and my sight is getting worse. If inside forum, I can clearly see which thread has new posts, but if I am in list of forums, the distinction is only in bolding the name. I am having troubles recognising the bolded titles from normal ones. Can we have the same dot or something to indicate forum with new posts?

Travelman and kiwi like this.
  2. AmericanGirl
    Original Member

AmericanGirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    I haven't quite made it through all the beta feedback so this may have been asked elsewhere, but will there be a "read new posts" option? I tend to use this frequently. Thoughts?

Travelman likes this.
  3. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Do you mean new posts in all of MP or in a particular thread? The latter is there by clicking on the blue button to the left of the thread name.

Travelman and Mikel like this.
  4. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    You should see a blue dot to the left of the thread name if it has posts since you last were in it.

Travelman likes this.
  5. AmericanGirl
    Original Member

AmericanGirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just found the New Thread thingy under What's New! lol....I must not have been awake to have have missed it. Thanks,

Travelman likes this.
  6. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    No worries - as long as you found what you needed! That is all that matters! :)

Travelman likes this.
  7. vbroucek
    Original Member

vbroucek Silver Member

Status Points:
    Oh yes, didn't I say that? I know about thew blue dot left to the thread, I said that I would like to see similar indication for FORUMS...

Travelman likes this.
  8. Mikel
    Original Member

Mikel Gold Member

Status Points:
    One of the goals is cleanliness of appearance, and so any icon additions will be thoroughly reviewed before making a decision on implementation, no matter how apparently minor. That isn't to say this can't/won't happen, but if the general consensus is in agreement and finds the current bolding system too difficult to discern we will probably first look into altering the effect of the bolding to see if improvement can be achieved that way.

Thanks for the feedback.

Travelman likes this.
  9. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Oops - I misread your post - mea culpa

10. vbroucek
    Original Member

vbroucek Silver Member

Status Points:
    I do no tthink that blue dot similar to one marking unread threads would destroy "cleanliness of appearance". I would actually think that it could make it more consistent. Personally, the cleanliness of the whole site would be significantly improved by removing obtrusive adds, some of those even somehow inappropriate...

Travelman likes this.