[Answered] Logging out by accident

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by viguera, Apr 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Seems like it's happening now more often than before... with the "Log Out" link being right next to "Alerts"

And since you get logged out automatically without being prompted, that results in you getting kicked off essentially by mistake.

Can we add a confirmation prompt to the logging off process? Or maybe distance that evil link from everything else in the page? :)

Just a suggestion. :)

2. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    I hope you don't mind, but i am thinking that the tech guys might see this better if it is in the regular feedback forum as it is something that should be recognized.

Here's my experience. I did that maybe once when I was getting used to milepoint ... until I realized that i really never had to click on Alerts or my InBox, they are merely mouseovers and i really, really like that, being able to actually see this information without a click and another page. Try getting used to the mouseover and you might find what i found that because it floats off the the left, it actually does not entice you to be near the log out area since moving your mouse to the areas of action (clicking on a link, etc.).

Anyway, thanks for the question here on Talk To Me and as noted, let me run this over to the Feedback forum.

3. IMGone
    Original Member

IMGone Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just did that today, but I primarily use the handheld so mouse-over is not really an option for me. I def use both those tags, and click inbox when trying for alerts and vv, now that logout was thrown into my mix.

4. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
  5. IMGone
    Original Member

IMGone Silver Member

Status Points:
    Tim - I'm going to take your word for it. A quick review of that page (which I'd not visited previously) didn't highlight the entry but I might have just overlooked it. Thanks!

6. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    Just wanted to update this for anyone that might be following this thread. Clicking the log out now offers up a confirmation rather than auto logging out. Thanks.

7. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    And wouldn't you know it, I just accidentally fat-fingered the alerts link on my iPad and hit the Logout link... And immediately screamed "Noooooooo!" (bad idea at nearly 11pm in a hotel), just to then see the dialog pop up.

Thanks!

IMGone likes this.