[Answered] Log in

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by kiwi, Mar 2, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you log in to MP from the main page http://milepoint.com you revert to the main page and then have to do a further click to enter the forums. It would make more sense to me to be taken to the forum page after logging in.

Gargoyle and Bob Smolinsky like this.
  2. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Yes, it would at this stage. Perhaps they plan to add other sections, so that the new main page will have links to the forum, to inside flyer, to whatever other main content sections. I see that on other forum sites.

Bob Smolinsky and kiwi like this.
  3. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good point about future development, which I hadn't considered.

Gargoyle likes this.
  4. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    Thanks for the feedback guys, this is the default behavior of the forum, upon signing in you are returned to the page you were viewing before clicking the sign in link.

5. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    This method encourages me to use a bookmark for another page to open up MP (to avoid the annoying unneccessary extra click required) rather than the landing page.

6. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    That makes sense, I think most milepoint users will likely do this as the content is in the forum. :) Most also don't log in/out on their devices so wouldn't hit the log in page in most cases if they had bookmarked the entrance page.

All that said, there likely will be changes to either this behavior or to the entrance page at some point.

7. SkiAdcock
    Original Member

SkiAdcock Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't come often to MP because I'm busy on the other BB, but if I have to log in 3 times before it 'takes' each time, that's a deterrent for me. It's irritating to be logged in, says it's me in the upper right corner, but if I click on alerts (for example) it tells me I have to be logged in in order to access that. Same if I want to reply. I couldn't figure out why that didn't exist as an option until I logged in for 3rd time.

8. The Missy
    Original Member

The Missy Silver Member

Status Points:
    If its going to take you back to the mainscreen, it would be nice to at least see some indication that I'm in fact logged in other than having the login screen gone.

Maybe if where it says "Come in and look around" could be dynamic and say "Hi Missy, come on in" or something?

9. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    This is the type of change to that page that I was hinting at above. :)

SkiAdcock, are you still having a problem now? It sounds like you have found the "Stay Logged In" feature.