[Answered] Links to three letter airport codes

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by Gargoyle, Mar 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I just noticed that the three letter airport codes in our profiles are clickable. Very cool, somehow I never noticed that before.

In this case I understand you can make it a hot link, because it's entered in the location field in our profile, so the server knows that is an airport code. However, this brings back a question we had discussed earlier- is there any way to add that capability into the content of posts? If I write CDG-PSA, can you make it so CDG and PSA are hotlinked the same way? That's more difficult, since they aren't database fields the way the profile info is, but maybe there's a way?

profile-airport-code.jpg

2. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    How that works is that whatever you enter into your location field is just passed to google maps and it understands ORD so it shows a map of it. :)

This is a bit different than we currently plan on doing for airport codes in post, but it does give me some ideas on things to consider. This particular item is in the master list though, thanks!

3. moa999
    Original Member

moa999 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think Senador Petrônio Portella Aiprort in Brazil may get a lot of links due to the particular airport code.

If implemented would need to be limited to capitalised terms and SHOUTING BANNED

Gargoyle likes this.
  4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Tim likes this.