[Answered] Linking to Flyertalk?

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by cockpitvisit, Feb 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. cockpitvisit
    Original Member

cockpitvisit Gold Member

Status Points:
    What's the policy for linking to posts/reports on FT? Is it allowed/encouraged/discouraged/banned?

Since we will probably have cross-reference pages for trip reports and destination information, it would be nice to be able link to that other board as well I think.

misman and Gaucho like this.
  2. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Excellent question.... and in a related note, for those of us that are Organizers / Hosts of " Do " events, are there any guidelines/rules/suggestions about posting a "cloned" thread over here...?

Thanks,
    Gaucho

3. IDGflygirl
    Original Member

IDGflygirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good question, but I can't imagine that one is discouraged from posting about any event/get together -- in both places, unless it's 'proprietary' & official to a specific (ie. FT or MP) entity!

cockpitvisit likes this.
  4. misman
    Original Member

misman Gold Member

Status Points:
    I agree that this is a good question. I've already seen some FT links in MP; haven't really been to FT for a couple of days, so I don't know what is going on there.

I have seen this issue arise between two "similar-to-each-other" websites: Club Lexus and Lexus Owners Club. I can't recall which, but one will not allow links to another; it makes it a hassel when the question is in one forum and the answer is in the other.

5. Mikel
    Original Member

Mikel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Please feel free to link to any relevant information, wherever it might appear on the world wide interwebs.

Bobofoosh and lin821 like this.
  6. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Easy question to answer:
    Links to any medium of knowledge and community is both allowed and encouraged. It will never be the intent for MilePoint to be isolated and exclusive. I've myself posted several times on MilePoint of my very fond association with FlyerTalk and will continue to do so. This policy, if you call it that, extends well beyond FlyerTalk. Thanks for the question as it looks to be of interest for others as well.

Here's a link to a recent member event on FlyerTalk that i attended and had just the best time:
    http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/comm...ner-do-jan-28th-2011-south-san-francisco.html

7. Fredrik
    Original Member

Fredrik Silver Member

Status Points:
    I do hope that members aren't supposed to bring their conflicts with other members from other sites to Milepoint?

kiwi, flospi and Freddie Listo like this.
  8. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    They are not supposed to. Will some? Yes, but in the one situation i detected, I dealt with it quickly and responsibly. There will be no luggage fees here if you don't bring your luggage. Thanks for the reminder.

lin821 and kellio like this.
  9. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not even carry on luggage is allowed on board here[​IMG]

10. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Heh, that sounds like RyanAir :eek:

Anyway, thanks for the clarification and very much like the thinking behind it.

11. Bobofoosh
    Original Member

Bobofoosh Silver Member

Status Points:
    Nice attitude and good to know.

12. Tenmoc
    Original Member

Tenmoc Gold Member

Status Points:
    Great question Gaucho. I am glad to see this site is going to allow the community to flourish.