[Answered] iPhone app

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by lili, Feb 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. lili
    Original Member

lili Gold Member

Status Points:
    Will there be one? Or is there one I haven't found yet? No pressure, just wondering.

ralfkrippner, DYKWIA and From NYC like this.
  2. tosc
    Original Member

tosc Silver Member

Status Points:
    ... and also an Android App would be quite nice *cough* ;)

ralfkrippner likes this.
  3. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Absolutely we have mobile planned. We made a decision for the beta to try and build the correct platform just to have a structure to build great content from. Once we go live and in the months ahead, we like you, believe that mobile is a very strong method of communication for the road warrior. So stay tuned and ready once we start the process of being live in March and April. Thanks, this helps move this along even on day one!

douggyheffernan likes this.
  4. The same for me, so Tapatalk support would be really appreciated, hence this tool is available on many mobile platforms.

5. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    This seems as good a place as any to say that although the design seems a tad large - it looks and works great on the iPad. It's much cleaner feeling than some other forums..

6. Dogzrule
    Original Member

Dogzrule Silver Member

Status Points:
    Site does work well on iPad, but i had to revert to laptop to update avatar ... so far, that's the only 'problem' I've discovered! But I'll certainlyt be watching for the app ... and agree that it's best to get the underlying structure/platform right first ... then expand as wanted ... trying to do all at once is where so many fail. This is just getting better and better Randy.

7. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Just tried on my windows mobile 6 smartphone, it's a mess- some elements don't load, and once I got the settings so it would display, it doesn't fit the screen, so I have to scroll sideways and down a lot. But then again, mine is an old phone and not the current version of WinMobile, so probably not worth worrying about.

8. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm not even going to try on my Blackberry -- the screen simply isn't big enough. Hopefully the mobile apps will include a BB version, there are certainly enough road warriors carrying them.

ralfkrippner and Art234 like this.
  9. YankeeTravlr
    Original Member

YankeeTravlr Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would like to second this cough... I mean, suggestion. Beta site doesn't look too bad on my 'droid, but an app would be lovely. One thought for such - on the forums and other such, please allow for jumping to specific pages. Another travel site who shall not be named ( *cough* TA *cough* ) doesn't allow this, so for those very long threads, you have to scroll through ALL the posts to get to the end.

10. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Any thoughts about offering open APIs to the developer community? Might be a cheaper/faster way to get apps for a variety of platforms.

11. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    For the most part pretty good on the iPad but I've had sporadic safari crashes (3 so far) while using this site.

12. Art234
    Original Member

Art234 Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    +1 on Blackberry app, my Storm 2 should handle the page well, but I will eventually get an I-Phone on Verizon when they come out with a 4G model. I was a first adopter with the original Storm and the Storm 2 is only slightly more stable.

13. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    As an iPhone user, I don't even mind a good web app, as long as it works well and retains some features that are normally only offered in native apps.

ThatJohn likes this.
  14. jswong
    Original Member

jswong Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hopefully the iPhone app will be like the one Australianfrequentlfyer.com. au uses (which is very good). The FT app is horrible

Jeff

Bundy Bear likes this.
  15. vbroucek
    Original Member

vbroucek Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, I also hope the iPhone/iPad app will not follow the FT example - advertisements, cumbersome, hard to update etc etc...

16. Bundy Bear
    Original Member

Bundy Bear Silver Member

Status Points:
    Australianfrequentflyer.com.au use tapatalk I find it much better than the app from the other board. [​IMG]

jswong likes this.
  17. getaround
    Original Member

getaround Silver Member

Status Points:
    I hope that you do incorporate an IPhone APP as soon as it's humanly possible :)
    I have moved away from website based only forums recently as having an APP is much more convenient for me.

Hope to see one soon. Cheers

18. Gatorray
    Original Member

Gatorray Silver Member

Status Points:
    Using MP on an iPad/iPhone was one of the first things I thought about here. It gave me an excuse to use the search function which is quite an improvement over the other forums I have visited. Thank you!

Eagerly awaiting the mobile app.

19. ralfkrippner
    Original Member

ralfkrippner Silver Member

Status Points:
    +1 for a BB app!