[Answered] Inconsistent UI- Edit post menu pars

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by Gargoyle, Aug 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    The icon bars are very different in the bbcode and rich text edit windows.

Note, for example, the flat ribbon in the rich text editor and the rounded edge raised buttons in the bbcode editor. Also, the item sequence is different- insert image and insert video icons are reversed, the link bar is moved to a different position, the text justification and list buttons are reversed...

User interfaces should be consistent across the site.
    editor-menu-bars.jpg

BeachMiles likes this.
  2. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    Good point Gargoyle, I have altered the order of the plain text editor to be more like the rich text editor, though they can't be identical, they are now much closer to the same layout.

Gargoyle likes this.
  3. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Thanks Tim, the order and sequence of the BBCode buttons now mimics that of the rich text editor; I see the differences you mention, but those become minor now that buttons are where we expect them.
    BBCode-button-ribbon.jpg

I assume the lack of a left justify button is due to the nature of bbcode; left justify is the default, and is defined by a lack of a code tag. (you simply delete the right or center tags to achieve left justify).

Attached Files:

4. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    Correct, there is no left justify, just the lack of center/right justify. :)