[Answered] Home page login

Discussion in 'Talk To Me' started by Spangenberg, Mar 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Spangenberg
    Original Member

Spangenberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have noticed that when I log in from the home page Milepoint it directs me to the same homepage after login. Anyway that this could redirect to the forums automatically after login?

2. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I think it was explained that the idea is, the system returns you to the page you were on when you login. That's great for anything except a decorative splash page.

I suspect in the future the home page will be more than a decorative splash in the pan. It will probably become more of a portal, from which you can go to any forum, or to Inside Flyer, or to your profile, along with other options. If that's the case, changing the setup now would just be something they have to undo later.

Jeffie likes this.
  3. Spangenberg
    Original Member

Spangenberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ok, just wondering, cause it would save me about 4 clicks :)

Gargoyle likes this.
  4. mhnadel
    Original Member

mhnadel Silver Member

Status Points:
    My preference would be for it to be configurable, i.e. part of your profile, as to what page it took you to.

Jeffie likes this.
  5. Exiled in Express
    Original Member

Exiled in Express Gold Member

Status Points:
    This has been mildly bothering me as well. I spend just enough time trying to decipher the Frankenplane the forget what pressing content I was going to seek/add and end up licking things until I remember.

6. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    I've asked Tim to weigh in on this and how we can make front page long-in easier for you. Thanks.

7. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    One option would be to never log off? I do not think I have logged off in 2 weeks now.

8. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    It sounds like you all are commenting on how things used to work. I can't remember exactly when we made the change, but a week or two at the least ago we made a change to that so that you should be directed to the main page of the forum after logging in at the page http://milepoint.com/

I just tested it and it is working correctly for me, try logging out and logging in from that home page and you should be directed to the main forum listing. Let me know if you don't.