[Answered] Glossary

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by alpinesoccer, Feb 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. alpinesoccer
    Original Member

alpinesoccer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Glossary anyone???
    Something to compile the crazy shorthand we FF use!!!

Good to start for wiki and then before beta is done create a special link at the top.

Just a suggestion.

Gargoyle likes this.
  2. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    We actually have a completed glossary—we supply the one for FlyerTalk. We have been updating it and as well trying to decide the best format for it, wi-ki, HTML page, forum set-up, link, etc. But rest assured it will be in place before launch. Thanks and welcome to MilePoint.

MrsBobSgt and bea61 like this.
  3. Alan in CBR
    Original Member

Alan in CBR Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm sure you're not taking votes, but for such a glossary I would strongly urge those making the decision to make it a wiki. HTML is OK, but has a tendency to become out of date unless those who maintain it keep on the ball all the time. A forum set up is usually the least friendly from a user browsing point of view.

Wikis depend on the goodwill of the user base, but hopefully we can count on that in this new venture. I'm sure lots of us would be willing to contribute. When something needs frequent, short updates, the quick and easy nature of a wiki is the ideal choice in my opinion.

kiwi likes this.
  4. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Actually every voice here is a vote. And we have been leaning toward a wiki for the reasons you note. Our past experiences were such that any manual system was problematic with upkeep and timeliness. Appreciate the "vote" and your support toward a great community of frequent flyers.

5. alpinesoccer
    Original Member

alpinesoccer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks! I figured you were on the ball, but better to be repeat something already said than never say it. I also vote for a wiki. The FT/MP Community has the type of people who will speak up and keep adding to the wiki. Case in point...the thousand long pages at FT.

Thanks and Great Job!!! Keep it up.