[Answered] GLBT&Friends Forum?

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by c_9, Feb 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. c_9
    Original Member

c_9 Silver Member

Status Points:
    In Canadian government, members of the House by tradition call the Senate "that other place". So...

A popular forum in that other place is the GLBT forum, for those who are gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and their allies and friends. I'd suggest this would be a great addition to the Community section. A forum like this can do two things: first, gives an important "safe space" for GLBT milepointers looking for people with whom they have something in common, and second, it marks MilePoint as a welcoming place for all.

Great site so far Randy & team!

TravelBearTX and Shuttle-Bored like this.
  2. Shuttle-Bored
    Original Member

Shuttle-Bored Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'd second that idea :)

3. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    if you know me you know that i championed that forum on FlyerTalk and remain committed to the same. However, we really want MilePoint to grow from its own content and not try and 'drive' content. So at the start of this Beta we chose big buckets of forum content and as we build that content, we will be auditing that and adding forums as necessary for clean navigation. I encourage you to add related content to the content mix in our General Discussion | Travel forum and we'll find it when we feel the timing right for an independent forum. Appreciate the interest.

4. c_9
    Original Member

c_9 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the explanation Randy, and I'll be sure to just dive in with ideas when they strike!

5. haydensydney
    Original Member

haydensydney Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for your response Randy & c_9, you have a great idea.

However perhaps having a dedicated GLBT forum would help drive membership from this sector of the community. Perhaps new posters may feel uncomfortable starting a new thread on GLBT specific travel issues in the "main arena" - having a dedicated area may drive patronage which could be desirable in this websites infancy.