[Answered/Fixed] Request: The ability to user-select styles for viewing MilePoint

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by Mackieman, Mar 18, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Mackieman
    Original Member

Mackieman Gold Member

Status Points:
    While I realize it is a matter of personal taste and you can't please everyone, I was disheartened to see the choice of a serif font for the required default on MilePoint. I see two selections in the Preferences section, Default and Fluid Width, but I can discern no difference between the two. Is it possible to have the old style and this new style as two separate options that a user can select based on their individual preference? Thanks!

Edit: I now see the difference in layout styles thanks to He Who Wanders. [​IMG]

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    There are definitely differences between the two layouts (or there were before the maintenance last night that changed the default font) but the font isn't one of them. Put me in the camp disappointed with Times New Roman. At least my plain text compose window still has something reasonably easy to read on screen.

3. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    Thanks for the heads up on the Times New Roman Wandering Aramean. Part of our downtime last night was to clean up our template structure and that Times font is the default and our changes on that were lost in the clean up. I have reset this to how it was previously.

Mackie, the default and fluid width styles are very different, though if you are using a low resolution monitor or if you like to keep browsing windows small it might not be noticeable. The fluid width is for users that like to open a large browsing window and have the forum message area span the full width of the page.

Thanks guys!

Mackieman and Wandering Aramean like this.
  4. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    Mackie, to address the original question about having user selectable styles beyond the two that we have now, that is a possibility, but we probably wouldn't go that way for something like an individual font as that could become a little too much manage quickly as different users could have very different font tastes. :)

5. Mackieman
    Original Member

Mackieman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the explanation and fix, Tim.