[Answered] Favourite Icon for Icon

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by Chris_Li, Feb 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Chris_Li
    Original Member

Chris_Li Gold Member

Status Points:
    It will be cool for at least Airline / Hotel Forum to show their respective logo on the Browser Bar using favorite icon ;)

And, should we have a milepoint logo ? :)

2. miketown
    Original Member

miketown Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree. I put mp in the cherished position of being in my bookmarks bar. But it has no favico [​IMG]

Here's my take...

Attached Files:

mjm likes this.
  3. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    We have an app for that, i mean we have a plan for that. Actually this is not the final design for MilePoint. It's still being worked on at the agency and it was our purpose to not launch with a favicon because we do not know what the final color/creative will look like. As it is i have already rejected three home page designs and 6 total logo's. At launch we will certainly have one but Beta doesn't really stand out as an identifier! Thanks, all things coming right along.

miketown likes this.
  4. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    The airline/hotel likely will never happen—and why Randy? Likely because of trademark issues since when you are actually on their corporate websites you see their favicon and it probably is not an great idea for us to pretend to be them. as for the actual favicon, se my comment upstream—coming. Thanks.

5. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Also, from a technical perspective, the browser always looks for a favicon.ico file at the root of the web site. As a result, on any given web site, all pages have to have the save favicon.

6. joesmoe
    Original Member

joesmoe Gold Member

Status Points:
    Great info, thanks.