[Answered] Enough with the "Share Your Photos" threads!

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by RichardInSF, Mar 3, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. RichardInSF
    Original Member

RichardInSF Silver Member

Status Points:
    I understand you're trying to bulk up the site. I also understand that lots of people like to post their photos (probably fewer than like to view them). But looking for substantive information in the destination travel section requires passing by so many photo threads, as well as PR "Nile Guide" threads, that it's hard to find actual substance!

And who decided that London was the "city of smog" and Osaka the "kitchen of Japan" (for example) anyway?

Maybe these could somehow be made to drift downwards in the forum, or possibly be put into a photo section.

Thanks.

lin821, linsj and Gargoyle like this.
  2. Tenmoc
    Original Member

Tenmoc Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is part of a larger issue I have with this site and others.

There seems to be an effort to put what should be in wikis or profile pages into threads. Its ok the first couple weeks, but once you get 2 years deep, the threads are useless.

3. Mikel
    Original Member

Mikel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Fair points to be sure. We are still developing how the wiki will be used on milepoint (among many other things). Feedback like this is very helpful, thank you.

lin821 and RichardInSF like this.
  4. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    We have a couple of discussions going on the need to consolidate or move these threads, since they do clog of the Destination Travel section at the moment. Randy has indicated that various moves and new forum creations won't happen before Apr. 1, since they want to see how things shake out. Personally I think it should be a higher priority, either creating a travel photography forum or creating photo sharing sub-forums under the Destination Travel headers.

As to names like "City of Smog", every member who starts a thread can give it any name they want, just like you gave this thread the name you liked.

5. KENNECTED
    Original Member

KENNECTED Silver Member

Status Points:
    As a person who LOVES photos in threads or to view photos taken by others on their travels, I have no problem with this. I think photos provide a better historical description than just written word. For example if you do a review on a hotel, airline or car, you can see how the services improves from one point in time to another.

jbcarioca and Gargoyle like this.
  6. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    FYI, I did not make up that name. Osaka is sometimes referred as the "Kitchen of Japan". You can do a search on google to find different references.