[Answered] Deleted or locked thread notification

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by Jim, Feb 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Jim
    Original Member

Jim Silver Member

Status Points:
    It looks like the thread, "What don't you like about FT" was either locked or deleted. (Or I was just restricted from it.)

What notice is on the tread if it is locked?
    What happens to the posters activity if it is deleted?

When I try t click on that thread in "Trending Topics" I see the following message....

2. Bob Smolinsky
    Original Member

Bob Smolinsky Gold Member

Status Points:
    Deny deny deny

3. Jim
    Original Member

Jim Silver Member

Status Points:
    what does that mean?

4. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Actually I was alerted to that thread late yesterday and the idea behind it bothered me so much that I woke up just around midnight with it on my mind. I then removed it from public view until I could properly frame what bothered me about it. Maybe it escaped you, but I'm pretty sure I've been clear that my hopes are that MilePoint is the friendly place for frequent flyers and deep down, I'm certain that the unfriendly tone of some of the comments of the thread were the cause of my waking last night about it. Later today I'll make a decision on it. Likely I'll contact every member who posted to it and solicit feedback.

5. Jim
    Original Member

Jim Silver Member

Status Points:
    Maybe the side of the server I am on; while there were some brutally candid comments, I don't recall any that were particularly unfriendly.
    It should go without saying that I was just joking (in a friendly way) with my off topic comment.

6. Kagehitokiri
    Original Member

Kagehitokiri Silver Member

Status Points: