[Answered] Deal Page | Air/Hotel forums split

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by Waterstrider, Feb 15, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Waterstrider
    Original Member

Waterstrider Silver Member

Status Points:
    Currently the there is a "Deal Page | Air/Hotel" forum under "Travel | Dining". Don't know if others agree but I would prefer one for Air and a separate one for Hotel. Also, I could see the potential for overlap or confusion between this forum and the Mileage Runs/Mattress Runs forum.

Scottrick likes this.
  2. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    I agree. As someone who likes lots of folders within folders to keep things organized, MP right now seems too scattered and inclusive. It reminds me of people with Macs (and it's almost always Macs) who have 300 icons on their desktop in random clusters. The "What's New" feature is the only way I can keep up.

3. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Noted elsewhere that we elected to open the Beta with Big Buckets as forum guides, having absolutely no idea of the type of content we'd be able to build during the Beta. During the next few weeks, we will be auditing each forum and making a judgement call as to if there is enough identifiable content to divide a big bucket yet into more defined forums. If not, then we will continue to revisit each forum monthly to see what type of content has outgrown the originating forum. Best advice during the Beta period is to contribute what you can during the period and look for a more refined tree of forums closer to our formal launch.
    Thank you.

kiwi likes this.