[Answered] Cookies Crumbling?

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by Saracen, Jun 26, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    I seem to have been having issues over the last couple of days with being logged out of Milepoint on a regular basis, on various browsers, iPhone and iPad. Just this morning I logged in, and selected the checkbox to keep my logged in, but a few hours later, on accessing the site, I had to log in again. Any reason?

In the past, I have generally never had to log in again unless I logged out.

jbcarioca likes this.
  2. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I haven't had the problem on Chrome. However, I did briefly try to use MP on IE over the weekend and gave up because it was so slow.

jbcarioca likes this.
  3. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    I haven't seen a problem like that either Saracen, were you using devices from the same location or are you using a vpn or proxy? I don't think those conditions should cause a problem like, but good info to consider.

You could also try clearing all cookies for milepoint.com and seeing if that helps too. Let us know if this continues.

jbcarioca likes this.
  4. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Interesting. I'll keep an eye on it. Been ok for a day now. I was travelling, so perhaps that had something to do with it.

jbcarioca likes this.
  5. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have the same issue from time to time, but only when I am at home. My ISP is fairly fast but does have the occasional momentary outage. I have attributed the problem to my ISP instability. It does not happen anywhere else, at least that I have noticed. Since Saracen was traveling might that have been the cause?

6. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    It could have been the traveling, but it would surprise me if that was it. I have been able to switch from using one internet connection to another and keep a session open where I have check the "Keep me logged in" box fine here, though there is the possibility that the forum software is looking at a new network and judging if it should still honor a session or not.

jbcarioca likes this.