[Answered] Content Management

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by Canarsie, Feb 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Canarsie
    Original Member

Canarsie Gold Member

Status Points:
    While milepoint.com is still in beta test mode and there are still “only” 886 discussions of content posted to it at the time this was posted, I believe it is never too early to consider the future of how the content should be managed, if at all. In fact, I would bet that this has already been thought about considerably and discussed, but I felt that as many milepoint.com members should contribute to what could eventually be an issue, especially as the members of milepoint.com are charged with helping forge the direction of the Internet web site.

The Delta SkyMiles forum on FlyerTalk, for example, currently has 83,978 threads posted to it. No matter how one looks at it, that is a massive number of threads and more are being added as you read this. While I have been able to manage the number of threads in the Hilton HHonors forum on FlyerTalk to a relatively-low 13,736 threads as a moderator of that forum, the hope of paring down the amount of superfluous content in the Delta SkyMiles forum on FlyerTalk to help facilitate and consolidate the finding of information in that forum to be that much easier is fleeting at best.

So how will content be proactively managed at milepoint.com to ensure that valuable information will always be as easy to find as possible? What ideas have been discussed, and what thoughts and suggestions do fellow milepoint.com members have? Does technology, such as the Search engine, play a critical role here?

What are your thoughts?

2. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    yes, search (hint: a slightly different approach) and a system of archiving that will make information more relevant for todays' members but yet easy to research for the bigger picture if one chooses (think Wayback Machine). Things we have learned! We've got even more tools for our members once we get out in the open. thanks.

3. Canarsie
    Original Member

Canarsie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank you, Randy Petersen, but the question is only partially answered.

Will the search engine allow a milepoint.com member to search for content with the most “likes”?

This would especially be useful in discussions with a compilation of information where additional information is added by a variety of milepoint.com members, such as a discussion on how to prevent the expiration of miles or points or how to earn the most elite qualification miles for elite status for the following year.

Thank you in advance, and I am certain I will have subsequent additional questions...