[Answered] Comments

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by YVR Traveller, Feb 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. YVR Traveller

YVR Traveller Silver Member

Status Points:
    Among other things:

Pros:
    • Well designed
    • Clean look
    • Great profile page with innovative features
    • AJAX is fantastic
    Cons:
    • Too many sub-forums. For example, who has time to look at 3 different sub-forums for mileage runs? Plus the forum at FT? No thanks. Combine into one forum, and maybe find a way to sort the runs by alliance afterwards? I can understand wanting to be organized, but I think it is fair to say that people don't just look at mileage runs for status. I am a *A person, but if there is a great deal from an airport in my area, I don't want to miss it, especially since I can credit OneWorld and SkyTeam to AS much of the time.
    • I don't like having to hover over the thread title to see how many pages there are. Especially if I am continually looking at a thread for updates. That way I can quickly see if there are new posts on a thread without having to move my mouse over every one. Just a small suggestion.

2. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can actually see if a thread has been updated simply by looking at the text. If the title is bold, it has been updated, if it is not then it has not been updated since you last read. And remember, clicking on the thread takes you to the last unread page.

Now I agree about showing the page count all the time, as I do not want to have to fight through the pages in some of the lounge thread, maybe just the previous page to see where the discussion is at a given moment.

3. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Three subforums for MRs? There is only one MR forum. Some people have been asking for those subforums but at least for now they don't exist.

In fact, requests for additional forums (such as other airlines) are among the most frequent requests ...

4. YVR Traveller

Status Points:
    Yes, but I am often on the go and check the forums on my iPhone or at home or at work. And I may not always be logged in (unless this is a login only site?).

5. YVR Traveller

Status Points:
    Sorry, I hadn't realized they were THREADS (http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/oneworld-alliance-mileage-runs.708/). Even worse!

6. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    It's a constant struggle for any forum operator. you like to keep things orderly and nice but typically the reality is that members want more forums. Yes, we only have a single forum for MR though the title is "Mileage Runs/Mattress Runs/ Travel Hacking". Maybe the three topics in the title is confusing? Anyway, we'll try and balance keeping it clean and well designed vs. the demand or request for additional forums. In all my research I've never found anyone who does a great job with 150 forums. However we're hoping that as we roll out more technology features that technology will be your guide. Thanks for the feedback.