[Answered] Change User Name after signup?

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by Wings, Feb 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Wings
    Original Member

Wings Silver Member

Status Points:
    I created my account but when I first signed up it asked for name so I put my real name thinking I would put my handle in later. But now I can't find anywhere to edit that so I had to create a new account. Does that feature exist?

2. JALPak
    Original Member

JALPak Gold Member

Status Points:
    I believe it specifically says you can't change your handle after sign up. I guess you can sign up for another account and edit the email address of that new account after sign up

3. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's exactly what you need to do. Do it now, before you gain status with the "wrong" user name!

4. Wings
    Original Member

Wings Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the replies, I guess I'll just keep this user name. Back on flyertalk it was registered back in 1999 by someone who used it 1 time!

5. Tinkerer
    Original Member

Tinkerer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Reach out to Randy in a conversation - see this thread ;) You can also keep 2 IDs - it's allowed.

6. Mrs. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Mrs. Gargoyle Gold Member

Status Points:
    I did that too, I missed the spot to enter the handle and it populated that field with my name. I had Mr. Gargoyle contact Randy, and it was fixed very quickly. Maybe something needs to be clearer in the signup process for those of us who aren't super computer savvy.

Skyvillager likes this.
  7. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    We're here to help and have made adjustments to several user names for our members. Let me help.

Skyvillager, kiwi and DYKWIA like this.