[Answered] Bookmark a post?

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by noam, Feb 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. noam
    Original Member

noam Silver Member

Status Points:
    It would be nice if there was functionality within MP to keep a list of bookmarked posts that I thought were useful references I would want to go back to. I can obviously do this outside of MP in my browser, but I think it would be more useful if I could reference all of my MP-related bookmarks within MP.

cliburn likes this.
  2. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    The developer of this particular technology had this to say when asked that question: "I like this idea, but my primary cause to not put it to the top of the priority list is that you have it already... Everyone is using a web browser, and they tend to have rather good and mature bookmark / favourite functionality built in already."
    Others have mentioned the following as reasons why still it might be a positive addition:
    · Portability — The posts/threads/whatever that I have saved/bookmarked are available in my account regardless of what computer/device/browser I am using. Not true of browser bookmarks.
    · Domain — If I am really into a given board, I might save/bookmark many things that I only use on that site. For example, I might save stuff so that I have links handy to answer questions that often come up on the boards-- but I wouldn't use those links anywhere else, only on that board.
    · Useful to others — if the saved/bookmarked items are optionally public (and organised by tags), then the aggregate of this would provide a very useful way for people to find all the best/most useful content on the site (if we can extrapolate that the best/most useful stuff is what is going to get saved most often)
    There is interest in this idea and we'll have to wait and see if there will become available an add-on for the reasons noted above and more. Thank you.

3. cliburn
    Original Member

cliburn Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think it would be a great idea. My browser is full of bookmarks (and is as unorganized as my desk)..... the ability to store and to search for bookmarks by forum (eg just look at my AA forum bookmarks) would be very helpful.