[Answered] Banner Ads Messing with Board Pop-Ups

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by n301dp, Mar 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. n301dp
    Original Member

n301dp Silver Member

Status Points:
    Running MilePoint on Safari at the moment, and am encountering an issue with the board's pop-up tools being blocked by banner ads. I am in no way anti-ad (someone's got to pay the bills!), but is hard to read notifications and/or upload photos when the banner ad is in the way of the UI. This is most noticeable (on my computer at least) when responding at the bottom of a thread and when creating a new post. I'm not sure if there is a solution to this issue...

2. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    n301dp, this isn't the first we have heard this being reported, we have a few users reporting this during the Beta as well and all that have reported have been using Safari on Mac OS X. Strange thing is that we have attempted to reproduce the problem here at HOM many times using that same Safari/Mac OS X combination and have not been able to recreate the problem as of yet. I would suggest making sure that your OS/Safari and Flash versions are all up to date as a first step to trying to alleviate this.