[Answered] AwardNexus

Discussion in 'Talk To Me' started by RCyyz, Feb 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. RCyyz
    Original Member

RCyyz Silver Member

Status Points:
    I see in the Concourse area there's a forum called AwardNexus. Any chance we could call this something else? Nexus is a trusted traveller program run jointly between the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and the US Department of Homeland Security.

I initially was surprised to see the AwardNexus forum as I thought it had something to do with the Nexus program.

2. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    Actually once the service starts to post their benefits and services you'll likely get a better picture of what this is:
    awardnexus.com
    a somewhat unknown service which really has some value to members trying to locate award seats. This is why we think ConcourseZ will be a great addition over time, it will help members find the little guys and as well discover services that can really help them along the way. Hope this helps.

3. kiwi
    Original Member

kiwi Gold Member

Status Points:
    Part of why this community is so great is learning new stuff every day that benefits flyers.

4. lili
    Original Member

lili Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nexus is rapidly becoming the word of the year. NEXUS, the CBP program looks like an acronym, but there's no definition given. The word nexus is defined as 1. a means of connection; tie; link. 2. a connected series or group. 3. the core or center, as of a matter or situation. Nexus S is the name of an Android phone. AwardNexus is a rather nice program built by a FTer (and presumably MPer)

I'm going off to take my meds now...

violist likes this.
  5. RCyyz
    Original Member

RCyyz Silver Member

Status Points:
    Fair enough. I wonder if we'll get a Trick It thread in AwardNexus? [​IMG]

6. mwg25
    Original Member

mwg25 Gold Member

Status Points:
    +1 - it's well designed and easy to use. That was the primary tool that tjtenor4 and I used to build our honeymoon routing for next summer (JFK-FRA-LCY // LHR-ZRH-BKK // BKK-FCO-FRA-EWR).