[Answered] Asiana Club Forum

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by Saracen, Feb 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    As mentioned in this post, but I'd thought I'd bring it up here for the movers and shakers to see:

We need a distinct forum for Asiana Club. As the easiest FFP for earning status on *A, I expect there to be a fair level of discussion there. I jumped ship from BD in October.

2. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    our goal right now is the encouragement of relevant content and as we get closer to launch then audit and expand as we see what content we have. It was a judgement call to open up with the bigger buckets rather than a huge tree of topics. It appears we have a number of early fans, but we never wanted to take that for granted and planned on building rather than filling. I'm impressed with your knowledge and enthusiasm and look forward to you and others building the content needed for Asiana to have its own forum. Welcome.

3. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for replying, Randy, and congratulations on the new venture.

Perhaps the wider issue here is World appeal. As it stands, there's a strong US feel on here, and the hope is that by showing others outside the US that their needs are catered to from the off, we'll keep them interested. I'm keen to see those outside the US flock here too, otherwise, they might stick to other sites. Perhaps some level of top-down strategy for addressing that segment is worth a think?

Fair enough, though. I'll put some topics together.

4. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    While the membership here (as on that other site) is US-heavy, it's certainly not all US (including me, for that matter). And the FF forums cover worldwide programs pretty well: AC, BA, BD, CX, JL, LH, NH, ... the list goes on. Unfortunately Asiana isn't one of the top programs as far as FF discussions go to date, though, so you may have to wait a bit longer for the forum, as Randy says.

5. Saracen
    Original Member

Saracen Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yep, that's all fair. I guess the FF market is heavily US-centred in any case. Though I do expect OZ to become more prominent as time goes on.

6. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    To some extent FF programs are US-centric -- and as an English-language site MiPo will be even more so.

I do agree that Asiana is a growing program, and one of the easiest to earn *G (along with Aegean and AC), and in the future we'll probably see a lot more discussion about it. Patience, grasshopper! ;)

7. vbroucek
    Original Member

vbroucek Silver Member

Status Points:
    Can I vote for adding Velocity Rewards? We have Qantas forum for Australia, but I think there are many of us who would like to see forum dedicated to the only serious competitor Qantas has...

8. chgoeditor
    Original Member

chgoeditor Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'd like to see an Antarctica forum. While it wasn't very active on FT, the contributions were valuable.

9. Kagehitokiri
    Original Member

Kagehitokiri Silver Member

Status Points:
    i think OP was just saying US centric on milepoint so far. which probably shouldnt be surprising considering its US based, in terms of some of the original invites. id assume there will be some actual "publicity" at launch.

while i guess i understand from a status perspective, ive never understood why more people dont credit redeemable miles to (better) foreign FFPs, especially for skyteam.