[Answered] Alerts are SLOW

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by IMGone, Feb 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. IMGone
    Original Member

IMGone Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not sure how many people are posting or online right now but I am sensing a slowdown of some sort. The red flag with a # shows up above alerts, but it takes awhile once clicked to show the pull down. That hesitation is too long, IMO to make it a useful tool. I think its part of the tuning that is needed for the site overall and what the beta period is for, but that index in particular needs to be sped up some.

2. joesmoe
    Original Member

joesmoe Gold Member

Status Points:
    Takes a few seconds here on my end as well. This whole site seems to be somewhat slow for me (crappy laptop though).

3. IMGone
    Original Member

IMGone Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm currently on Amtrak using what they term Wi-Fi and I am timing out when trying to see the Alert pop-up, even when I go to threads (although a refresh seems to work there). I know this is always a poor connection, but there is no guarantee we'll always be somewhere with a better one. Besides, commute time on Amtrak is an excellent time to pop in and see what's up!

4. LFCorsten
    Original Member

LFCorsten Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have no problems with alert function. Only sometimes I have to reload the page.

5. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    I noted elsewhere that we are working on the actual architecture for launch. Currently on our test servers we are moving to the Amazon cloud system which you'll see a nice reliable scale to things like this. We've had some FlyerTalk loads so far and only on a test server so we are feeling good right now and know that once we do our cutover we should be great. We always want to stay in fornt of this stuff rather than have to chase it so have invested in solutions when the need does not even exist yet. Money well spent in my book. Thanks for the feedback. i'm interested to see what the stats look like on Alerts. Something new and apparently well used. That's a good sign that we're on the right trail. Thanks.