[Answered] Airline logos

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by moa999, Feb 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. moa999
    Original Member

moa999 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I like the graphical layout, avatars and airline logos, as long as we continue to make them quick to load.

On the airline logos
    http://milepoint.com/forums/categories/airline-programs.115/
    I assume that these are being used in some form of 'fair use' provision?

I also note that the Qantas kangaroo is the old one, the design was changed slightly in 2008 for the intro of the A380

2. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    The use and display of logos for airlines is merely part of the Beta test. We're not sure we like them because not all logos can presented fairly but thought we'd make it available as part of the test and the idea actually came from a member. as for 'fair use' that is certainly the intention. For instance, we have used program logos in InsideFlyer since 1986 when that publication was born and the use has always been to the benefit of the airline, program or other travel provider.

If we feel based upon feedback that the logo identity is positive, we'll then spend the time to match all pertinent logos as our priorities for the Beta are simply to build a base of great content and as well shake down the underlying technology to make sure it works when our members need it to work. Welcome and I trust this answers your questions. Cheers.

3. Xyzzy
    Original Member

Xyzzy Gold Member

Status Points:
    FWIW, I like the l[​IMG]g[​IMG]s next to the program names!