[Answered] Ad code visible

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by viguera, May 2, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not sure if this has been posted before... we're using Websense in a fairly aggressive way, and it seems like some of the ads are being blocked yet replaced with some funky code.

Just figured I'd point it out. This is using Firefox btw, not sure about other browsers.

Code:
    var clickTagFramePrepend20018756=fd_clk+"&url=[ewclickthru]"; /* Please place your redirects in front of the value [ewclickthru] just as if [ewclickthru] is a standard URL (e.g. "%c[ewclickthru]") */ var jsFileLoc='http://pts.eyewonder.com/ewr'; var ew20018756_tgtVals=new Object(); var ewbust="&ewbust="+new Date().getTime(); jsFileLoc+=("?cid=20018756"+ewbust); var ew20018756_tgtVectors=""; for(val in ew20018756_tgtVals){ if(val.length>0&&typeof(val)!='undefined') ew20018756_tgtVectors+="&"+val+"="+ew20018756_tgtVals[val]; } if(typeof(ew_acidStr)=='undefined') var ew_acidStr=""; jsFileLoc+=ew20018756_tgtVectors+ew_acidStr; document.writeln('');

2. Tim
    Original Member

Tim Admin

Status Points:
    Thanks and not this hasn't been pointed out, I'm not sure that there is anything we can do to alleviate this sort of problem though. It might be worth reporting to Websense too though.

3. Mackieman
    Original Member

Mackieman Gold Member

Status Points:
    I doubt this is a Websense problem as I see this too in Firefox (3.6.17). It looks like the google_services.js library is doing some document.writes that are not playing well with some of the other client scripting somewhere, causing the ad code to display as a string instead of being executed. Interesting issue.

Edit: On second thought, it may be Eye Wonder code. Tough to say without access to all the unrendered source. :)