Another US Dividend Miles data point (ChargeSmart)

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by servo, Oct 13, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. servo

servo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm guessing not too many people have run into this, since this card is a $1 spend bonus, but with the recent spend $750 in each month for 15k miles added promo, I shifted my car payment over to this card on ChargeSmart, and this was the first month it pulled.

Well, I got an email and voicemail this morning once the ChargeSmart payment hit that my account had been frozen for potential fraud, and it linked to the ChargeSmart payment as the reason why.

Thankfully, logging into my account and clicking a few buttons was all it took to fix the issue, but if you are the type that doesn't monitor your email/voicemail daily, this might be a little hiccup.

Just something to watch out for when using ChargeSmart, I'd assume on any Barclay card.

2. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow... I've used Chargesmart for a long time and never had any issues with the credit cards used, although I've never used the US Barclay's card.

3. Singapore Flyer

Singapore Flyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    same here...even with fickle Cash Advance Citi.

4. Singapore Flyer

Status Points:
    I'd just use APS instead to get the spend requirements in for something like that. Ironically, i haven't used my US card there either.

5. slickw

slickw Silver Member

Status Points:
    So when using Chargesmart Citi cards don't post as a cash advance?

6. Singapore Flyer

Status Points:
    I have not had that happen. We used it for the AA visa's (wife and I) requirement. Paid our mortgage for twos months.

7. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    What is Chargesmart?

8. misman
    Original Member

misman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Singapore Flyer likes this.
  9. servo

servo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've also used Chargesmart with my Citi AA cards with no issues. I'm not sure if anyone else has tried a different Barclay card besides the US World MC, but my guess is it's Barclay's doing it rather than the specific card, which falls in line somewhat with their uber-conservative mantra.