Another silly survey

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by Gargoyle, Mar 19, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Surveys seem to be the latest obsession of companies- almost every checkout receipt from a big box store or chain restaurant has a survey link, and DL, like so many companies, does constant surveying. However, most surveys are exceedingly superficial and badly designed.

I just got an e-mail request from DL for yet another survey, this one for a recent TATL flight. Four questions, two about the speed and courtesy of immigration, one about baggage claim, one about navigating the airport. I have global entry and had no checked luggage, so the first three questions were irrelevant and my answers would skew the survey unfairly. There was on choice to put n/a as an answer.

What's with this survey madness fad among corporations nowadays? Do they actually think they are gaining any insight from this stuff?

sobore, uggboy, GoodBoy and 2 others like this.
  2. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would imagine it is to rate the "human Capital" that they have working for them. Like the surveys they used to have on Cruise Lines. Unless someone was marked "excellent" they would be in danger of being fired. I think the survey mania (by survey monkey ironically) is the bean counters trying to justify changes in policy.

Gargoyle, uggboy and GoodBoy like this.
  3. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    Feel free to sabotage them by answering incorrectly. :p Sponsors can not use those surveys whose results are not to their liking.

4. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've always found the Marriott and Starwood chains post-stay surveys to be well-constructed and sometimes they even seem to be interactive (some answers bring follow-on questions).

I answer them acccurately, sometimes make suggestions or additional comments. Often I'll get an e-mail from the property responding to something I said. I talked about them once with a GM at one property I stay at about 3 times a year, and she said she personally reads every one.

So, some are useful.

Mapsmith, Gargoyle and uggboy like this.
  5. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Agree, I'm putting together a survey to see if travelers are tired of filling out surveys. Come to think of it, I don't anticipate much participation. ;)

Gargoyle likes this.
  6. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I hate now that every time I call Delta they ask me if I want to take a survey after the call.
    There is no question in that survey relating to "Do you no longer want to be asked to take these stupid surveys?"
    That's what I'm missing.

Gargoyle and traveller99 like this.
  7. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Perhaps related, doing ticket routing/pricing searches yesterday, every time I'd start over the "do you want to chat" window would pop up right in the middle blocking the entry fields, and sometimes it would freeze so I couldn't kill it, I'd have to guess at the data entry behind it. The 8th or 9th time that happened it drove me to spend time searching on other sites.