Another Radisson "Big Night Giveaway" coming May 15th?!?

Discussion in 'Mileage Runs/Travel Hacking' started by Sky King, May 5, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Sky King
    Original Member

Sky King Silver Member

Status Points:
  2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Kalboz, KathInJax and traveler like this.
  3. Sky King
    Original Member

Sky King Silver Member

Status Points:
    I figured they might have another one but not this soon.

4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Uhh that would be perfect timing.

KathInJax, traveler and rwoman like this.
  5. PointHoarder
    Original Member

PointHoarder Silver Member

Status Points:
    Would love to get in on that one again!

KathInJax and rwoman like this.
  6. Sky King
    Original Member

Sky King Silver Member

Status Points:
  7. noname2
    Original Member

noname2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    GREAT! We all registered last time, but due to crazy time of year, didn't actually stay the required night. I'd love another shot at this.

KathInJax and traveler like this.
  8. Sky King
    Original Member

Sky King Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had 7 family members participate in the promo last year. All stays were under $70...some even under $40. They transferred all points to my account and we are using those for our 10 days in Europe this summer at 4 and 5 star Radisson Blu's. Love Club Carlson!

mrredskin, KathInJax, iolaire and 4 others like this.
  9. Sky King
    Original Member

Sky King Silver Member

Status Points:
  10. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you right click and then click on "View Page Source" and scroll down, you will see what probably are the terms and conditions.
    So, it looks like 50,000 points again. This time it appears the promo is valid worldwide:

"The Big Night Giveaway Promotion ("Promotion") is available only to Club Carlson<sup>SM</sup> members. To be eligible for the Promotion, members must register online for the Promotion at http://www.radissonbignightgiveaway.com ("Promotion Registration"), provide their Club Carlson member number at the time of reservation or check-in of the Qualifying Stay, and then complete one Qualifying Stay at any Radisson<sup>&reg;</sup> or Radisson Blu hotel worldwide ("Participating Hotels"). Guest must check in for the Qualifying Stay on or after May 15, 2012 and check out must be completed no later than July 15, 2012 ("Promotion Period"). A "Qualifying Stay" is defined as a stay of one or more consecutive nights in the same room at a Participating Hotel regardless of the number of check-ins or check-outs on a rate for which Gold Points are awarded in accordance with the Club Carlson Program Terms and Conditions. Guest must be present at the Participating Hotel at both the time of check-in and check-out, enrolled in Club Carlson at or before the time of check-in, and registered in the Promotion no later than the time of check-out (to enroll in Club Carlson, visit www.clubcarlson.com). The first 100,000 guests who complete the Promotion Registration will receive 50,000 Bonus Gold Points after the completion of their Qualifying Stay. After the first 100,000 Promotion Registrations, every guest who completes the Promotion Registration will receive 15,000 Bonus Gold Points after the completion of his/her Qualifying Stay. These Bonus Gold Points are in addition to the standard Gold Points awarded for a stay. Only one Club Carlson account per Qualifying Stay will be credited with the Bonus Gold Points. Maximum of one Bonus Gold Point award will be credited to a member with a Qualifying Stay under the Promotion regardless of the number of Qualifying Stays completed by the member during the Promotion Period. Allow 6-8 weeks for the Bonus Gold Points to post to the member's account. The Promotion and Gold Points are subject to all Club Carlson Program Terms and Conditions. Rates for each night of a Qualifying Stay may vary. Promotion is not valid on existing reservations and is subject to availability. Promotion void where prohibited by law. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Radisson reserves the right to add, modify or discontinue these terms and conditions or the Promotion at any time with or without notice. Radisson is not responsible for: interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections, miscommunications, computer hardware or software or technical failures, Internet Service Provider/network/website accessibility or availability, garbled or jumbled transmissions or other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical or electronic; including without limitation the incomplete, incorrect or inaccurate capture of Promotion Registration information and any late, lost inaccurate or misdirected Promotion Registration information. By participating in this Promotion, you agree and consent to these terms and conditions."

11. KathInJax

KathInJax Silver Member

Status Points:
    Looks like the registration time is 12:01 May 15th CDT - means I have to stay up to 1:00 am. I have 7 people to register. Our current bookings on cash + points won't qualify, plus it says that it only qualifies on new bookings, not existing reservations.

12. miles and smiles
    Original Member

Status Points:
    It looks like 12:01 am EDT to me. There is no need to stay up. The first 100,000 people to register qualify. Last time (U.S. only) registration was open to 50,000 and I don't think they ever ran out of slots.

13. KathInJax

KathInJax Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hmmm - on the page I am looking at it says CDT (at the bottom of the countdown page) - I didn't calculate the countdown. Maybe they have the text wrong?

I talked to a CSR last year about two weeks after registration began. When I told her how awesome the promotion was and I can't believe that they have slots available, she said that only about 10,000 people had registered so far.

miles and smiles likes this.
  14. miles and smiles
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I needed a magnifying glass to see what you see, so I missed it the first couple times I looked. You are correct, it does say 12:01 am CDT. When I counted according to the countdown clock, I got 12:01 am EDT (my math may be as bad as my eyesight :D). Either way, slots will be available for days, maybe weeks later.

bearcat74 and KathInJax like this.
  15. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    i don't guess there's a map available anywhere that solely shows radisson properties?

16. miles and smiles
    Original Member

Status Points:
    go to
    http://www.radisson.com/destinations/
    then unclick the boxes next to country inn, park inn and park plaza.
    You will be left with a world map with only Radisson properties. Then zoom and find.
    At the bottom of that page, you can also click on "hotel directory" (pdf)
    There are Radissons near you in Nashville area. 250 miles to the nearest Radisson for me. Fortunately I will be near a Radisson next week, so will be able to get in on this deal again.

WanderLuster, SC Flier and mrredskin like this.
  17. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, coach. Closest is in Nashville but not staying there. Might be worth a cheap, fake res, tho.

18. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    IIUC, a Gold Points + Cash rate would be eligible since the cash portion earns Gold Points. Any reason to think otherwise?

I have a weekend trip in mind for Mrs. Flier and I with 1 night booked in each of our names.

19. SC Flier
    Original Member

SC Flier Gold Member

Status Points:
    It seems that the PDF hotel directory is generated on the fly for each visitor and can take a while to load. I downloaded the current directory and uploaded it to Google Docs:
    Radisson Hotel Directory - May 2012 (PDF)
    Radisson Hotel Directory - May 2012 (Google Docs spreadsheet)

20. Sky King
    Original Member

Sky King Silver Member

Status Points:
    There are quite a few Radisson hotels in many markets that qualify for their BRG guarantee. In PHX I'm looking at around $50-$60 for a night with the 25% BRG match. Was going to make my reservation today but going to hold off until I'm registered.

21. icurhere2
    Original Member

icurhere2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Some of us took advantage of the last promotion at the BNA Radisson on a stay, park, fly rate (includes breakfast). If one is about to spend almost $100 for a week's parking anyway ...

mrredskin and miles and smiles like this.
  22. Sky King
    Original Member

Sky King Silver Member

Status Points:
  23. miles and smiles
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Wow! That is really interesting. It would be fantastic if Country Inn stays qualified for the 50,000 points, too! Unfortunately I can't find any terms and conditions on that page. Maybe someone with better computer skills can uncover them.

mrredskin and Sky King like this.
  24. Sky King
    Original Member

Sky King Silver Member

Status Points:
    Country Inns typically redeem for 44,000 points. It would be great if we could do 1 of each brand, but something tells me that it's going to be 100,000 people across all brands worldwide. If thats the case then the registration window won't last as long as it did last time.

mrredskin and miles and smiles like this.
  25. WanderLuster
    Original Member

WanderLuster Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wow! This could get VERY intersting. Thanks for the post!