Announcing the new Tips Tab – A Place for AAdvantage Experts Like You to Share Their Program Tips!

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by AmericanAirlines, Mar 23, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. AmericanAirlines

AmericanAirlines Official Representative

Status Points:
    First, thank you for your advice and conversation about the AAdvantage® program here on MilePoint. Your work here has no doubt assisted many in navigating the always-changing loyalty space.

We wanted to let you know that we’re introducing another way to share your expert tips about the AAdvantage program - where you can also enter for a chance to win a few miles to top off your accounts!

Today, the Tips Tab launched on our Facebook page. The Tips Tab is a place for mileage experts like you to share your advice and wisdom with other AAdvantage members. From now until May 1, share a tip and be entered for the chance to win one of ten prizes of 5,000 AAdvantage miles. You can visit the tab to submit a tip here: http://on.fb.me/GIetFS

Thanks again for your loyalty and advice about the AAdvantage program. We look forward to seeing your recommendations on the new Tips Tab!

2. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Status Points:
    If only I had a Facebook account! I know the day is coming where I will be required to in order to have a job, a bank account, etc. but rather than selling off my privacy online I am going to hold out until the last possible moment. So, AA, you won't be getting THIS expert's tips there anytime soon...though maybe you prefer it that way, I don't know...

anabolism, Globetrotter, Sagy and 2 others like this.
  3. dkelly1110
    Original Member

dkelly1110 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I like to use Awardwallet to keep track of my mileage accounts. Oh wait...

4. perryplatypus

perryplatypus Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just added my tip

5. Switch2

Switch2 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I liked the post but detest FB, why not have a deal with milepoint to have similar tab? You have a concentrated audience here.

6. perryplatypus

Status Points:
    That's definitely a great idea. You have a lot of hardcore AA fans here.

7. Sagy

Sagy Gold Member

Status Points:
    As others have stated, good idea. I would love to contribute, but I don't have a FB account nor do I want to create one, so this is not an option to me.:(

TheBeerHunter likes this.
  8. jace

jace Member

Status Points:
    Just added my tip as well, great idea!

9. Globetrotter

Globetrotter Silver Member

Status Points:
    Oh, God -- another company that's trying to force me to use Facebook. I won't. Please, AA, if you're going to use FB, fine, but don't make it "compulsory" by making it the only means of communicating with you, okay?

TheBeerHunter and Sagy like this.
  10. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I really don't understand why every gets so riled up every time AA offers something on Facebook. AA frequently has offerings through email. Or a promo website. Or Twitter. Or direct mail. Or through an email. The list goes on and on and on. Different types of customers use different mediums to stay in touch with AA. Some of those users are on Facebook and like to interact with AA on that venue. Why shouldn't they interact with that group? Just because some of their customers don't like Facebook? That would be silly.

AA isn't forcing you to join Facebook. It's just a method of engaging with a portion of their customer base. Just like they've offered you something before if you communicate with them through email. Or the web. Or Twitter. Or here on MilePoint. No one here seems to get upset when AA's Facebook customers miss out on a direct mailing or a MP information post.

What's the big deal? :eek:

That being said, I am a Facebook user, and still won't be participating. I'm not upset about it in the least though. :)

LizzyDragon84 and AnthonyB1609 like this.
  11. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    An area where informed AA customers can share information and tips with one another? Isn't that exactly what the forum and user populated wikis are for? ;)

perryplatypus likes this.
  12. perryplatypus

Status Points:
    Yes it is and we would like to see American pony up some free miles MP members :)

13. schnitzel
    Original Member

schnitzel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah - I've got to say, I don't want AA in my FB, and I'm totally happy with the AA situation right here.

Further, I'm glad that AA is embracing FB. Why should further optional contact be seen as bad? It's not for me, but if others choose it, great! Good for them. I don't so choose; others may disagree, and I'm happy they have that option.

I don't understand the feeling that if it's not for you, it's not for anyone else either. Live and let live.

14. LizzyDragon84
    Original Member

LizzyDragon84 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well said, Destination David and Schnitzel. I love that AA is coming up with fun ways to reach out to flyers. I also appreciate that AA has a rep here who posts about these things. :)

15. wrxmom

wrxmom Gold Member

Status Points:
    And come to FTU and give all attendees 12,500 miles.

Why the 12,500? It's the lowest mileage redemption for a one way ticket.

perryplatypus likes this.
  16. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Do we really want AA to start evaluating the quality of our discussions here on MP? Some members might be upset if AA only awards them 5 miles for advice they thought was worth at least 1000. ;)

wrxmom and perryplatypus like this.