Announcement: Hyatt Gold Passport Global Bonus Point Promotion

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge, Aug 25, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge
    Original Member

Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge Official Representative

Status Points:
    We’re excited to announce the details of the next Hyatt Gold Passport global bonus point promotion that will launch on September 15 and run through November 15, 2011.

Members can earn 5,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after every 3 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide during the promotion period. Earn up to 30,000 bonus points for up to 18 nights.

We’re giving members the opportunity to earn points quickly. And with no blackout dates, it’s always the perfect time to redeem them. After all, we believe points are really possibilities waiting to happen. And, whether you’re dreaming of white sand beaches, romantic European cities or just about anything else in the world, we are giving you an opportunity to get there faster.

For additional details, please review the following Frequently Asked Questions and Promotion Terms and Conditions.

To register today, please call 800-30-HYATT or visit goldpassport.com/possibilities on September 15th.

We look forward to welcoming you soon at any one of our 450+ hotels around the world.

Frequently Asked Questions
    How do I participate?
    To participate, you must be a Hyatt Gold Passport™ member. Join Hyatt Gold Passport today. New members who enroll in Hyatt Gold Passport from September 15, 2011 through November 15, 2011 will automatically be registered for the promotion. Current members must register to participate.

What are the qualifying dates of the promotion?
    Beginning September 15, 2011, current members may visit www.goldpassport.com/possibilities to complete registration into the promotion. New members will automatically be registered for the promotion upon enrollment in Hyatt Gold Passport from September 15 through November 15, 2011.

The promotion period begins September 15, 2011 and ends on November 15, 2011.

How does the Hyatt Gold Passportpromotion work?
    First, join Hyatt Gold Passport today. If you are a current member, please register to participate at goldpassport.com/possibilities. You will then be eligible to earn 5,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points after every three (3) eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide (max six (6) bonuses = 30,000 bonus points). The total maximum earning for the promotion is 30,000 bonus points. Be sure to provide your Hyatt Gold Passport membership number when making reservations and at check-in.

Number of Eligible Nights

Bonus Points Earned

Total Issuance of Bonus Points

5,000 bonus points

5,000 additional bonus points

10,000 bonus points

15,000 bonus points

20,000 bonus points

25,000 bonus points

30,000 Maximum bonus points earned

Do the three (3) nights have to be consecutive?
    No. The required nights do not need to be consecutive. We will track your eligible nights and once the stay qualifications have been met, your bonus points will be posted to your Hyatt Gold Passport account. Please allow 2 – 3 weeks after your 3rd eligible night for bonus points to be posted to your Hyatt Gold Passport account (allow 4 – 6 weeks for bonus points from nights outside the U.S.).

How many bonus points can I earn?
    You can earn up to 30,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points with thispromotion.

What is considered an Eligible Night?
    For the purpose of this Offer, an “Eligible Night” shall be defined as one (1) night at any participating hotel or resort when choosing points or miles and paying an Eligible Rate.

What is an Eligible Rate?
    For the purpose of this Promotion, an "Eligible Rate" shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, volume, AAA and senior citizen rates. "Ineligible Rates" are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Internet wholesale rates (such as priceline.com, hotels.com, etc.), traditional wholesale rates (such as GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contracted room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time).

What are the redemption dates for the bonus points?
    Bonus points can be redeemed anytime and do not expire.

Will I receive Hyatt Gold Passport base points for my stay in addition to the bonus points?
    Yes, as a Hyatt Gold Passport member, you will still earn the standard five (5) points per eligible dollar spent. Platinum or Diamond members will still earn their tier bonus.

Does it matter if I choose points or miles for my stay in order to earn bonus points?
    No. You can choose to earn points or miles for your base earning, but the promotion is fulfilled with Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points.

Are there any restrictions on the form of payment in order to participate in this promotion?
    No, all forms of payment are accepted.

When will I receive my bonus points?
    Your bonus points will be posted to your account as you complete every third (3) eligible night (up to 18). Please allow 2 – 3 weeks after your third eligible night for bonus points to be posted to your Hyatt Gold Passport account (allow 4 – 6 weeks for bonus points from nights outside the U.S.).

Where can I see how many bonus points I have earned?
    To see how many bonus points you have earned and to redeem the bonus points, visit goldpassport.com, access your account with your Hyatt Gold Passport number/user name and password, click on Account Details in the My Account section.

If I pay for more than one room, will I receive bonus points for all rooms?
    No. Bonus points will be given for one room per member, per stay regardless of the number of paid rooms.

Additional questions?
    If you have additional questions regarding this promotion from Hyatt Gold Passport, please call 1-800-30-HYATT or your nearest Hyatt Worldwide Reservation Centre.

Hyatt Gold Passport Promotion (“Promotion”) TERMS AND CONDITIONS
    ELIGIBILITY/HOW TO REGISTER: To participate in this Promotion, you must be a Hyatt Gold Passport member and register for this Promotion. Current member online registration begins September 15, 2011 by visiting goldpassport.com/possibilities. New member enrollments from September 15, 2011 through November 15, 2011 will automatically be registered for the promotion. Void where prohibited.

PROMOTION PERIOD: Promotion begins September 15, 2011 and ends on November 15, 2011 (“Promotion Period”).

ELIGIBLE NIGHTS: For the purpose of this Offer, an “Eligible Night” shall be defined as one (1) night at any participating hotel or resort when choosing points or miles and paying an Eligible Rate (as defined below). Award nights shall not constitute an Eligible Night. Hyatt Gold Passport members will only receive eligible night credit for their room, regardless of the number of paid rooms.

HOW TO PARTICIPATE: During the Promotion Period, complete three (3) Eligible Nights at any participating Park Hyatt™, Andaz™, Grand Hyatt™, Hyatt Regency™, Hyatt™, Hyatt Place™ , Hyatt Summerfield Suites™ or Hyatt Residence Club™ hotel and resort worldwide. After every third Eligible Night, you will receive 5,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points credited to your Hyatt Gold Passport account.A maximum of 30,000 bonus points may be earned during the Promotion Period. To receive bonus points you must be a Hyatt Gold Passport member, register for the promotion, provide your Hyatt Gold Passport membership number at reservation/check-in, be a registered guest physically occupying the room to which you are registered and pay an Eligible Rate. For the purpose of this Promotion, an "Eligible Rate" shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, volume, AAA and senior citizen rates. "Ineligible Rates" are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Internet wholesale rates (such as priceline.com, hotels.com, etc.), traditional wholesale rates (such as GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contracted room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time).

BONUS POINT POSTING: Please allow two to three (2-3) weeks after every third Eligible Night for bonus points to be posted to your Hyatt Gold Passport account (allow 4-6 weeks for bonus points from nights outside the U.S.).

GENERAL CONDITIONS: Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice. This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com.

Hyatt Hotels & Resorts™ encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt™, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts™, Park Hyatt™, Andaz™, Grand Hyatt™, Hyatt Regency™, HyattTM, Hyatt Place™, Hyatt Summerfield Suites™, Hyatt Vacation Club™ Resort, Hyatt Gold Passport™, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2011 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

HaveMilesWillTravel and uggboy like this.
  2. Jaimito Cartero
    Original Member

Jaimito Cartero Silver Member

Status Points:
    Seems a bit weak as a promo. Does this mean that there will be no FFN?

uggboy likes this.
  3. katstarr

katstarr Gold Member

Status Points:
    Are government rates excluded?

YULtide and uggboy like this.
  4. Toula
    Original Member

Toula Gold Member

Status Points:
    Oh well, guess this is going to shake off all those who qualified for Diamond on the cheap in 2010. Guess everyone is going to be threatening to take their toys and go home and never stay at Hyatt again because there will be no FFN in 2011.

Truthfully I don't think any program has had a blockbuster promotion in 2011 which means they are all making the money they want without having to entice us. However I would say it will be game on in 2012 as all programs will likely have a reduced number of elites.

5. roadwarrior365
    Original Member

roadwarrior365 Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is worst than I was expecting, but what really bucks me is that the promo is only 2 months long and doesn't run until at least December. Now I am really hoping G bonuses will come back or I will seriously look at other programs for the rest of the year.

uggboy, kenbo and tigerwong like this.
  6. tigerwong
    Original Member

tigerwong Silver Member

Status Points:
    I completely agree. I actually don't have any issues with Hyatt weeding out the short-sighted band wagoners. I think it remains a great program from a product and service perspective, with all the free nights, points, etc simply gravy. I think loyal diamonds will see even better treatment next year when there aren't nearly as many "mouths" to feed.

7. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    The registration link doesn't seem to be operational yet.

uggboy likes this.
  8. paladin87
    Original Member

paladin87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am just curious. What % of your Hyatt stays are paid for by you personally and what % are paid by your work?

uggboy and tigerwong like this.
  9. paladin87
    Original Member

paladin87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    It says you can call to register now, or use the link after 09/15.

Kaanapali and uggboy like this.
  10. Jaimito Cartero
    Original Member

Jaimito Cartero Silver Member

Status Points:
    OP said you can click on link on September 15th. :)

Kaanapali and uggboy like this.
  11. tigerwong
    Original Member

tigerwong Silver Member

Status Points:
    While work pays for ~30-40% of my SPG stays (corporate arrangement), 100% of my stays at Hyatt are covered by me. I choose Hyatt because I feel overall treatment is superior to other programs (just my opinion). Over the course of my travels I guess I have realized the value of hotel program extend far beyond "free." They are called Loyalty Programs for a reason and I don't think a customer that only patronizes a business when the economics are heavily skewed in their favor fits the criteria. I am not opposed to great promos and will take advantage to the best of my abilities. My response is largely to the many in this forum and others that continually threaten that they are done with Hyatt if no FFN, to which I say good riddance.

12. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    I guess this means I won't be making a run for Diamond this fall. But I do have a few Hyatt stays already booked for legit purposes. Always good to keep bonus expectations low and be pleasantly surprised. Hyatt service, on the other hand, continues to be excellent.

uggboy, kenbo and tigerwong like this.
  13. kenbo
    Original Member

kenbo Silver Member

Status Points:
    I guess this means all the Diamond members and others who were unhappy with not getting the Stay 3/5K targeted promo can be happy again. Now everyone is included.

14. arkleseizure
    Original Member

arkleseizure Silver Member

Status Points:
    Funny...same promo dates as Grand Slam. Coincidence?

If only HP had some cheaper offers around here, I'd gladly double dip. Shame.

15. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    Lol... 1 1/4 free nights at the properties I usually redeem at for staying 18 nights??

Well, right now, SPG is not doing anything at all, I have a feeling that's going to change soon. ;)

uggboy likes this.
  16. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Just registered the Hyatt program and are attempting to make my first steps into hotel elite status. My first booking with Hyatt is Sept 19-23, so just in time for this I suppose.

Seems like everyone is disappointed in the offering, but what do I know just yet? :)

Is there a FAQ or Hyatt Gold Passport for Dummies thread where one can get acquainted with the program?

katstarr, tigerwong and uggboy like this.
  17. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I know you didn't ask me, but (since I liked the post you quoted) for what it's worth: 18 stays, 30 nights so far this year, of which 1 stay/2 nights was paid by my employer (at a Summerfield Suites).

I'd love to see a FFN or double-stay promo again since it would obviously save me money, but I also realize that Hyatt is a company in the business of making money, so if they feel they can fill their rooms with this promo, how could I blame them?

I have three more stays planned for the rest of the year, so it looks like I need four nights of MRing to retain Diamond status.

cennas, Toula, kenbo and 2 others like this.
  18. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    It certainly isn't what people were hoping for. But hey, I'll prefer this over a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. It's about 15k points more than I thought I would have before this thread started. Now, with FFN I'd have a bunch of free nights, so that would have certainly been worth more.

Yes, there is a Wiki attached to this forum:

http://milepoint.com/forums/wiki/hyatt-hotels-help-guide/

But definitely feel free to start threads with questions -- the Hyatt forum members in my experience have always been very welcoming :)

cennas, Toula, kenbo and 1 other person like this.
  19. MyMiles&Points
    Original Member

MyMiles&Points Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    http://milepoint.com/forums/wiki/hyatt-hotels-help-guide/

uggboy likes this.
  20. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wouldn't you say SPG's promo has come out and is the extra Southwest points?

uggboy likes this.
  21. paladin87
    Original Member

paladin87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, I often see that many of those who talk about the 'beggars' of the loyalty program world have their stays paid for by someone else. In that I also pay all my stays out of my own pocket, so I want the most for my money, just like anyone else would. I do not think that Hyatt, or anyone else for that matter, is doing me any favors by giving me the benefits they do after 25 stays or 50 nights. I mean, that is a lot of $ no matter how you slice it. Every company gives somewhat similar benefits for its top tier programs, and just because people are irritated that there is no worthwhile promo, does not mean that they are bottom feeders that should be excised from the ranks of 'elite'. Even if they got their elite status as 'short sighted band wagoners', they still earned it. They still did the stays or the nights and deserve the benefits. Considering the global economy is still pretty lousy and most people are accustomed to at least 1 really good Hyatt promo a year, it is not crazy to be disappointed in this. Honestly, if I can move my stays to a company that offers me more through promos, etc, and creates a greater overall value for me, I would be stupid not to take it. I should not have to be "loyal" to Hyatt or any other chain by giving them my business when it is not the best value. That to me means they are not "loyal" to me if they just assume they do not need to earn my business on a regular basis. Relationships work two ways and are constantly in a state of development...todays awesome chain could be tomorrows dump. I am not going to throw money at anyone if they are not working to keep my business.

You pay your own way and are entitled to your opinion of course. I just think that other people who have paid and stayed to earn their status are free to say what they want and if they feel that Hyatt is not doing enough to keep them, I think that is perfectly reasonable.

uggboy and tigerwong like this.
  22. paladin87
    Original Member

paladin87 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ah well the post on FT from GP Concierge stated that you could call now or sign up on 09/15...must have had them confused.

uggboy likes this.
  23. Brit
    Original Member

Brit Gold Member

Status Points:
    All of my stays are personally paid. I will requalify for Diamond this year based on stays.

tigerwong and uggboy like this.
  24. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Congrats and Enjoy!:)

25. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    :D