Announcement Bloopers

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by YULtide, Sep 24, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    Upon landing on my YYZ-YEG flight Sunday night, I heard the usual "Welcome to Edmonton...." announcement. Then came the French version: "Mesdames et messieurs, bienvenus a Calgary...." :eek:

Which got me wondering: anyone have any other amusing bloopers to share?

ranman1973 likes this.
  2. slalom

slalom Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just some memorable announcement humor....upon landing on an AC flight LAX-YYZ -

"Captain xxxx is a terrific pilot, but a lousy driver, so please remain seated with your seat belts fastened...!"

3. slalom

slalom Silver Member

Status Points:
    ...I've also felt for some UA Express FAs who have gotten the destination wrong....flying puddle jumpers from EWR they are switched so often on moments notice from one destination to another...(Our flying time to Raleigh-Durham will be....sorry....our flying time to Toronto!)

janyyc likes this.
  4. ranman1973

ranman1973 Silver Member

Status Points:

Sounds like something westjet would say.

No funny announcements come to mind, but the safety videos on Delta (I think) are pretty funny. Love the one where the old lady is trying to drink her tea during turbulence.

maradori likes this.
  5. cc1972

cc1972 Silver Member

Status Points:
    The ones from Air New Zealand aren't bad either: Flight Safety

6. janyyc
    Original Member

janyyc Silver Member

Status Points:
    Any feeder operation tends to mean that the FAs don't know where we're going... (hopefully the pilots do!)

Best one in recent memory was on UA ORD-YYC: Captain speaking: "Ladies & gentleman, today's flight is taking us to a country which has a gov't" ;)

jaysona and YULtide like this.