Android 4.3- can't stay logged into MP app

Discussion in 'Feedback/Support/Suggestions' started by Gargoyle, Jun 17, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    My Samsung G3 upgraded from 4.1.2 to 4.3 this morning. I've only found one real problems- I can no longer stay logged into the MP app. Every time I exit and come back it says "incorrect password" and I have to log in again. There is no checkbox to stay logged in or to to save password.

Don't have this problem on any other forum or in the app for TOBB. It's version 1.3.3 of the MP app.

Another thing, after I log in it returns me to the forum list with the login/register button still at the bottom, it doesn't show me as logged in or show my notifications until I click through to another page.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
    legalalien likes this.
  2. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Hmm, went to settings, selected "clear stored logins". Then I logged in, then out, and launched the app again. This time it didn't ask me to log in. I tried clicking the profile button, it gave a user unknown error. I tried to post, got an error saying "The remote server sent an unknown response. This could be a result of the forum software plugin being outdated or having a conflict".

Also, there is no longer a login button, just a logout button. No "reply" option, but there is a "quote" option, which is what I tried, unsuccessfully, to use.

3. legalalien
    Original Member

legalalien Gold Member

Status Points:
    I haven't found a workaround...and my Nexus 4 was upgraded loooooong time ago. I usually keep MP app running in the background instead of exiting all the way; it keeps me logged in.

Note, that the login button acts as the logout button when you are actually logged in. There is no visual indication, but if you press it, it will ask whether you want to log out. In my limited testing, it doesn't matter what you answer. You still have to exit and log back in. :eek:

The app hasn't been updated in a while, so I doubt we should expect a quick fix.

Gargoyle likes this.
  4. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    It worked fine under android 4.1.2, but broke with the 4.3 upgrade. That upgrade was actually originally released quite a while ago, so while this is a new issue to me, it isn't a new issue. @Mark have you looked at this?

5. Mark
    Original Member

Mark Admin Staff Member

Status Points:
    Complete honesty here among friends here? There is almost zero support from the app devs now. Internet Brands bought Forum Runner and (surprise surprise) they've been going slowly downhill since.

We almost killed the app, but extended it while we figure out what we want to or can do.

Edit: Reaching out to them one last time to see about both this specific issue and updates going forward.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
    Gargoyle and legalalien like this.