Andaz Peninsula Papagayo Will Open on December 20th

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by uggboy, Oct 14, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
  2. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    for $700 a night, it better be WOW!

Anyone that has been to Costa Rica discuss how this price per night relates to other oceanfront properties they might have stayed at?

uggboy, canucklehead and Espan like this.
  3. Espan

Espan Silver Member

Status Points:
    that's pretty high. I haven't been yet. I'm assuming that price is all-inclusive 2PAX. The Westin Conchal which is pretty darn nice is about $450-$500 2PAX AI. The HIlton Papagayo, which isn't quite on their level is around $350-$450 2PAX AI. The other big luxury beach resorts aren't AI (JW Marriott, Four Seasons).

The Andaz is very close to the Four Seasons, but I'm not sure what their beach is like. The waters will definitely be calm, but I'm not sure if they'll have the great white sand that the Four Seasons has, or the less attractive grayer sand of the also nearby Allegro Papagayo...

Sweet Willie and uggboy like this.
  4. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    wow, I remember when $40 got me an oceanfront view room in Costa Rica. Mind you it wasn't as posh as the Andaz and so many years ago.....good times, though!

5. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is my understanding correct that the Pacific coast of Costa Rica is much nicer than the Atlantic side?

uggboy and canucklehead like this.
  6. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    The beaches are much more extensive on the Pacific side (I think the coastline is 3-4X larger). The only place I went to on the Caribbean Sea/Ocean side was to Tortuguero/Barra del Colorado, which perhaps was the most serene locale I have ever been to (imagine green sea turtles laying eggs while the Perseid meteor showers light the night time sky.)

I was also appetizer, lunch and dinner for the mosquitoes and sand fleas, but it was worth it!

uggboy and Sweet Willie like this.