Andaz 5th

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by marcwint55, Aug 31, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just spent the last three days at the Andaz in New York. We used a suite upgrade and were given the splash suite which was very spacious for the two of us. As a diamond I was also given $75.00 per day credit for breakfast and the food was excellent. I truly enjoyed the lemon poppyseed pancake that Gary often talks about and also found that the fried egg sandwich with bacon was fantastic.
    Luckily I woke up on my own as they called the wrong room with the wake up call. I truly feel sorry for the person who got a 2:15 am wake up call on Saturday morning. We had a 5:30 am flight from JFK to MIA and then a flight from MIA to SKB, so we could ill afford to miss the first flight. The gentleman who checked us out was very apologetic and gave us an extra 6000 points for the error after telling me that the person they woke up was not a happy camper.
    I would gladly stay at the hotel again as the service was excellent and the location is very convenient to get around from.

2. canucklehead
    Original Member

canucklehead Gold Member

Status Points:
    Family staying there now and they love it. Also glad to report that the sofabed in the Andaz suite is very comfortable, in fact, considering purchasing it as it makes a great guest bed.

Also very nice that the normal suite upgrade is the Splash suite, which is nicer and bigger than the Andaz Suite, the only caveat is the ANDAZ Suite has the aforementioned sofabed that the Splash suite does not.

Tenmoc, OceanBreezes, uggboy and 2 others like this.
  3. TheBOSman

TheBOSman Silver Member

Status Points:

I wonder how many points that person got :D. Almost not sure which would be more annoying, not getting a wakeup call when one is scheduled, or getting one at 2:15AM when one isn't scheduled!

OceanBreezes, uggboy and marcwint55 like this.
  4. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:

If I were woken up at 2:15 am on a Saturday morning without requesting such, I would truly expect the hotel to comp the room for that night.

5. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:

The couch is so big in the splash suite, that one can probably sleep on it if necessary and still get a good nights sleep.

canucklehead, OceanBreezes and uggboy like this.
  6. TravelBear

TravelBear Gold Member

Status Points:
    We enjoyed our stay there last year.

marcwint55 and uggboy like this.
  7. TheBOSman

TheBOSman Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree, considering that for most people such a call at that time would ruin the night of sleep.

Tenmoc and marcwint55 like this.
  8. Pizzaman
    Original Member

Pizzaman Co-founder

Status Points:
    That feels like a bit hefty of a compensation for a phone call, but maybe I fall back to sleep easier than some. I'm still trying to figure out how you woke up on your own in the middle of the night.

9. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:

I don't really know. Perhaps it was divine intervention.