And the Winner is.....

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by blackjack-21, Oct 30, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    According to "Frequent Flyer Bonuses" thread on MP posted today, the winner of the HHonors membership voting for the Q4 bonus offer is the "DoubleUp" offer, where after the second stay at a participating property, you'll receive double the points for that stay.

Details from the thread with a link to register on the Hilton website:

http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/daily-bonus-offers-highlight.8643/page-30#post-2471844

I was able to register easily, and noticed that on the "NON-Participating Properties" list, in some instances a few of the properties that had opted out for the Q3 bonus offer were not shown in the new, current list of non-participants. Most London, UK, and some Canadian properties no longer show on the NON list that were on the former one, which is a slight improvement.

I'm not 100 % clear on whether AFTER your second stay at a participating property, you'd ALSO then receive the bonus points for the first stay which triggered the offer for your next stay, but I'd guess the answer is a NO, but just a guess as I didn't see a direct answer to that supposition. Also, what if your FIRST stay is at a NON-participant property (but still a paid stay generating regular points and other regular bonuses and miles), then your SECOND stay is at a participating property, would that still be acceptable to get you the DOUBLEUP Bonus on the second stay? Probably not I think, but also not specified directly in the FAQ's for this new bonus offer.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  2. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Also registered - not sure I want to travel - but I am registered :D

WilliamQ and blackjack-21 like this.
  3. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Lots of Hilton properties in and within 80 miles of both of us in Toronto, for quick getaways if needed. Back a few days ago from a two-nighter at the HGI N-O-T-L, with only an hour or so drive from where we live.

4. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    No need - have so many points already :) and have Diamond until 2017 so ... but registered nevertheless - always a smart thing to do in the event one finds oneself at a very expensive international hilton gaining a plethora of points :)

WilliamQ and blackjack-21 like this.
  5. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Or a moderately priced one for someone like us, who still needs a few more points for next year's trip across the pond to an otherwise very expensive Hilton in the UK.

ACMM likes this.
  6. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    ThumbsUP.jpg

blackjack-21 likes this.
  7. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just registered and have 6 stays already booked for the promo period. However, only the very first stay (at HHV) will be on revenue; the remaining 5 will all be reward stays from which I'll earn double points on incidentals, meaning that I won't earn very many points...

blackjack-21 likes this.
  8. WilliamQ

WilliamQ Gold Member

Status Points:
    Registered... but so far only have plans for 1 stay.... +_+