ANA vs Thai Business

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by LAM, Oct 9, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. LAM

LAM Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am looking at booking a trip soon to SE Asia. I would like to book the trip home in business. I will be traveling by myself so only one seat. Most likely I will be traveling home from KUL, REP or SIN. I will be using United miles. IAD is my home airport. It appears my choices will included either ANA over the Pacific or Thai through Europe. Don't know specific planes yet but can anyone give me some good overviews of both or either business product?

anileze likes this.
  2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'd take ANA over TG. More refined and consistent experience. TG is fine but very, very inconsistent service.

Boraxo and anileze like this.
  3. anileze

anileze Gold Member

Status Points:
    Food wise, ANA.

Boraxo likes this.
  4. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Isn't the award via Europe more costly as well?

5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Not if redeemed using UA points which the OP indicates. North America to South Asia (UA's terms) can route TPAC or TATL at the same rates.

anileze likes this.
  6. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ah sorry, momentary brain lapse. You are correct of course:)

7. LIH Prem
    Original Member

LIH Prem Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you can route on TG's A380 routes, the hard product in business is very good.

Otherwise, the hard product is generally not great on much of the rest of their fleet.

If you can get routes that include ANAs 77w 1-2-1 business class cabin, that is also supposed to be very good. But if you end up connecting via NRT on ANA's 767-300 or other regional setups, that is probably not going to be very good. (the nickname for the ANA 763 is the bone crusher.)

-David

8. edekba

edekba Gold Member

Status Points:
    I haven't flown any ANA Business, just Economy and thought it was fine. I also flew TG B77W in Y and thought ANA was much better.

I have flown TG business multiple times (A330/A380). If your flight is on the A380 then that would be fine. Anything else, I wouldn't bother as service/meals were subpar. I guess a + for TG would be the 30min massage you'd get at BKK ... but even then I think that ANA would be better.

9. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Not in biz IME. Not a flat bed, but hardly a bone (nor soul) crushing experience.

10. LAM

LAM Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks everyone for their input especially on the planes to avoid. There is a chance the plans may change and Osaka/Kyoto would be our last stop so ANA would be almost be the default in that case. Traveling this weekend with my traveling partner so we have lots to discuss about our plans for Asia.

11. Boraxo

Boraxo Silver Member

Status Points:
    Having flown both in C I would recommend ANA for the food and service. Thai food was awful unless you like bad spicy Thai food. The service on both was good though ANA is really a cut above. For long haul this is a no brainer unless you have lie flat v. angled crap.

12. kluau88
    Original Member

kluau88 Silver Member

Status Points:
    ANA all the way. TG is overrated if you ask me and the service is not as refined as it is on ANA.

profpeabody likes this.
  13. profpeabody

profpeabody Silver Member

Status Points:
    Haven't flown ANA but was not impressed with TG so given the choice, I would go ANA.