ANA tool and LX

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by keepinitsimple, Mar 21, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. keepinitsimple
    Original Member

keepinitsimple Silver Member

Status Points:
    When I check LX availability for 2 from ZRH to EWR/JFK in mid-May, J class is fully crossed out on most days. Is it that all the seats are taken, or LX doesnt expose award availability for certain routes to the ANA tool? If latter, is there any other tool that can show real award availability?

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    ANA sees the actual inventory as it exists for partner redemption and it has for a while now. If it says there are no seats then there almost certainly are no seats.

Sorry.

3. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think LX can be a tricky one to find premium award availability on. My wife flew ZRH-DAR and back a few weeks ago, and I checked multiple times a day starting about 6 weeks before the flights up until 24 hours before departure looking for space, because she wanted to use miles to upgrade since she was on a B fare, but nothing ever became available.

4. keepinitsimple
    Original Member

keepinitsimple Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the info.. Looks like instead ZRH-EWR I need to try ZRH-FRA-EWR or ZRH-FRA-BOS-EWR