ANA seat conf?

Discussion in 'ANA | Mileage Club' started by guberif, May 28, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    I just booked a quasi-mileage run on the (re)inaugural ANA 787 flight from SJC via UA. Question is - how do I book a seat on the ANA flight? Help please! :)

2. bk3day
    Original Member

bk3day Gold Member

Status Points:
    Call ANA & give them your PNR (if provided by UA) or flight info & they will book your seat.

If you want to see what seats are available do a dummy booking on Ana.com

3. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is Expert Flyer accurate for seat availability?

4. wombat18
    Original Member

wombat18 Silver Member

Status Points:
    On the United website, Change/View Existing Reservation and then when you get to your specific trip you should find a little link under your united confirmation number that says: "View additional confirmation numbers" Click that and you should be able to see your ANA All Nippon Airways Confirmation Number. Plug that (called a Reservation Number (6 digits)) into the ANA web site and somewhere down the bottom of the page is a chance to select your seats.

daninstl likes this.
  5. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    no luck there. ANA via phone said I can't use the web version until T-24.

6. wombat18
    Original Member

wombat18 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hmm, funny that. I seem to be able to select seats for a flight in December. Maybe it is because I'm an ANA Mileage Club member, even though it is a UA ticket.

One strange thing about the ANA website is that when you enter your passport name - you need to combine First Name and Middle Initial (eg. WallyT)

daninstl likes this.
  7. bk3day
    Original Member

bk3day Gold Member

Status Points:
    Come to think of it, the reason I called ANA was to verify the name on my record as I too had problems accessing the website seat selection.

Once I learned of their FirstMiddleInitial format, I was good to go and able to select my seats online well in advance of my flight. For the record, I too am an ANA member but was flying on a UA award.

Sorry, I confused them with TG who definitely required a call to select seats (also possible months before the flight)

daninstl likes this.