ANA Holiday Inn Sendai

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by sendaiben, Jun 27, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

Status Points:
    My first real mattress run and my first stay report: I kind of think I should have been staying somewhere a bit more exciting :rolleyes:

I'd always meant to check out the only IHG hotel in my area, and needing a third night to get some points I booked the cheapest (6,200 yen) room at the ANA Holiday Inn in Sendai.

They upgraded me to a twin city view room on the 11th floor the day before the stay, and the hotel was very pleasant in a 'quite good for a business hotel' kind of way. The staff were fine, the room was quite spacious (although the bathroom was a bit small for my liking), and the location is pretty good (just a few minutes from Sendai station and near convenience stores, restaurants, etc.

The glass table in the room was cracked, apparently a leftover from the earthquake.

Basically it's a decent hotel that upgrades Plats (but doesn't really have any good rooms to upgrade them to :rolleyes:). I would stay here again if I needed to but it's not much of an experience otherwise.

Photos to follow, when I can figure out how to get them off my iPhone easily!

2. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

Status Points: