ANA Crowne Plaza Osaka

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by igloocoder, Nov 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. igloocoder
    Original Member

igloocoder Silver Member

I don't stay at CPs much and I've not stayed anywhere else in Japan...but here's my take on this property.

I booked 3 reward nights at the hotel for 30k/night. Getting from KIX to downtown Osaka was relatively easy on the Airport Limo Bus...with one exception; it doesn't go to the hotel. I got off at the Herbis Osaka stop and started walking. After getting slightly turned around in the laneways, I managed to get to the hotel. Knowing your way, its probably a 15 minute walk. For me it took about 30. Unknown to me, since its not on the website anywhere I read, the CP runs a complimentary shuttle to the Herbis and another hotel JR Osaka Station. Don't try to catch it at the Herbis though, its a drop off only stop. I think the other hotel is serviced by the Airport Limo Bus too, so that might be the better option.

Checkin was early and my room wasn't ready. The lady at the desk informed me it would be a 15 minute wait while house keeping did their thing. She must have really cracked the whip as she appeared no more than 5 minutes later with a key for me. It good to note that as i settled in to wait I discovered that the lobby had wide open WiFi available for guests. You didn't even need to go through a silly hotel web page. On finding that i could have waited 30 minutes for the room and still have been smiling.

Checkin was completed by acknowledging Platinum status and providing a 10% discount for hotel dining and a complimentary drink in the lobby lounge. I figured the complimentary drink would be limited to some house brand swill, but my order of premium Japanese Whiskey was comp'd without any comment what-so-ever. I love service in Asia.

My room was a simple king bed room. Nothing special and yet not disappointing at all. My only complaint with the room is that house keeping took about 4 hours from start to finish. They weren't in the room the whole time, but the came and went through out that period. It made it hard to get my post jetlag nap in.

The lobby is quite nice and you can easily view flight crews from a number of different airlines in it. I didn't deal with the concierge at all as they always seemed to be away when I was looking for them. Instead my requests were more than adequately filled by the front desk staff. My lack of Japanese language skills was a problem, but the free wifi and a translation app made things much easier. The staff at the front desk filled all my needs to the point of even calling a department store to see if they had an item in stock and what its price was (I just wanted to know where I could maybe get it).

The location is great. Just outside the hotel there are many laneways that are chock-a-block with restaurants and bars. Shopping is just up the street and covers a wide variety of tastes and wallet sizes. Osaka Castle is only 2 stops away on the train and well worth the visit.

If i end up back in Osaka I'll definitely be considering the ANA CP.