ANA and HA announce Codeshares

Discussion in 'Hawaiian Airlines | HawaiianMiles' started by avflyer, Jan 16, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. avflyer
    Original Member

avflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
  2. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    HA also has relationships with KE, DL, & VS.

avflyer likes this.
  3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    And on DL, the bag fees are an issue too.

avflyer likes this.
  4. avflyer
    Original Member

avflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    If the DL and UAL bag fee arrangements are the same, then you get charged a bag fee outbound on HA Inter-Island connecting to a DL Hawaii to Mainland flight? Of course, you DO NOT get charged coming into say..HNL on DL and connecting to a neighbor island? Correct? Are the DL / HA flights code shared?

I really resent booking a UAL flight number on the UAL website and getting charged a bag fee by the operating carrier. This is the only example of this abuse that I have experienced, but there must be other situations where this occurs. Does anyone have any alternate experiences on other HA partners they can confirm this practice on?

OH! One more thing that addresses the KE and VS situations. HA inter-island waives bag fees for passengers connecting internationally EXCEPT Canada and Mexico (although that last specification is missing from the HA website).

5. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is my understanding of how the DL/HA bag fees work but I have no personal experience.

As a general rule, you must read the fine print on everything whenever travel involves a partner carrier that is not a full member of your alliance.

avflyer likes this.
  6. avflyer
    Original Member

avflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    My point exactly. You and I are experienced enough to know that we need to read the fine print and if we don't we are screwed. My thought, as a Hawaii resident and specifically as it applies to HA is that they are not holding up their end of the bargain

The "bargain" I refer to is that HA is charged (in my mind only) with extending the Aloha spirit of the islands as they used to many years ago. Now, they are like any other mainland carrier. They extort fees and generally make the inter-island journey miserable. The Hawaii tourism business should be encouraging people to come back...not f....ng them over.

I refer to their flight change fee. They have so much frequency between islands, if I show up at the gate and they have room to put me on board an earlier flight, then, why not? In fact, this is the way the used to operate. Now, they charge you 30 bucks or you can sit down and enjoy HNL rather than the destination you were looking forward to.

I get that the airlines in this new paradigm must charge fees, but I feel that HA is malicious and inflexible and in the long term are destroying their own business.

7. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's rotten because from most of the mainland, the choice is either an inferior aircraft and routing directly to someplace other then HNL or a crummy shuttle-like flight without shuttle benefits connecting through HNL. This doesn't make me eager to visit Hawaii.

avflyer likes this.
  8. avflyer
    Original Member

avflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Agreed. Even AC who has terrific cabin amenities all the way down to RJs flies a ghetto bird over to the islands.

YULtide likes this.