ANA #1 IAD-NRT

Discussion in 'ANA | Mileage Club' started by dc3, Feb 19, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. dc3
    Original Member

dc3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just flew ANA Business Class from Dulles to Narita NH1. Rather empty Business class; one person in First. Food was OK. No flat beds yet. Internet plug was disabled " a while ago", according to the flight attendant. Entertainment system was from the last century. Old movies and very few movies - for a 14 hour flight it was awful. Even United to Narita has a better entertainment system. Very attentive and polite flight attendants when they showed up. In 14 hours they offered a bottle of water only once. I had to go to the food area to get mine.

2. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is why you take a connection at ORD/JFK/LAX for the 77W.. :)

3. daboogah

daboogah Silver Member

Status Points:
    Sad to keep hearing more and more negative experiences with NH. I should know since my GF is a +15 year Chief and her sister is a Chief for JAL and we sit around and trade stories and NH is completely falling off the band wagon. They are so focused on putting JAL into the ground they lose sight of how hard it was for them to get there. Put in a claim and let em know. for the amount of money you spent I would! (and I usually get a few K in miles!)

JALPak likes this.
  4. daboogah

daboogah Silver Member

Status Points:
    totally agree with this. but it doesnt explain the lack of service!

5. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can call them on ANA -just press the button ;)

6. dc3
    Original Member

dc3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    You assume that pressing a button does something when flight attendants are busy chatting with each other.

daboogah likes this.
  7. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ah, never had that on ANA. Sounds like my one and only Olympic Airways flight: went to the galley and interrupted the CAs... what do you want? was the response ;)

8. thrashsoundly
    Original Member

thrashsoundly Silver Member

Status Points:
    How long are the beds in ANA business class? I imagine they're about the same as Asiana, Thai etc, but I have the hardest time trying to find reliable info.

9. dc3
    Original Member

dc3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Beds are NOT lie flat. Rather annoying for a 14 hour flight. Flights from JFK are full flat.