An introduction to GoMiles

Discussion in 'GoMiles' started by GoMiles, Feb 8, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. What is GoMiles.com?
    We are the easiest and best way to manage your frequent flyer miles. We help members:​
    • Manage all their miles in one place (via our 1-page dashboard)
    • Protect their mile assets from expiring (we alert you to when your miles are expiring, and tell you how to protect them)
    • Earn more faster (we show the latest relevant bonus offers)
    • Redeem better (via our search engine)
    Best of all, we're FREE!

How is GoMiles.com different from all the other frequent flyer mile management sites?
    Yes, there are many other sites that do this. We're different because:​
    1. Other sites stop at showing you data - we show you the actions you can take to manage these assets
    2. We apply advanced data visualization principles (ref: Tufte, Few) in our design, to make it easy to understand your data, at a glance
    3. Did we mention, we're FREE? :)
    .... and of course, we're just getting started. We can't wait to show you what's next on the roadmap.​

Who is GoMiles.com?
    We are a team of 5 people, with backgrounds in management consulting, IT, travel, and finance. GoMiles graduated from the Seattle Techstar Incubator program in November 2010, and is funded by technology entrepreneurs in the Pacific Northwest.​

Hey, have you guys thought about doing [X]?
    No, but we love your idea! Either hit us up here, twitter, or via our support line at GoMiles.com and tell us more. Some of our best feature improvements have come from user feedback, so please share your idea and we'll do our best to get it built.​

2. joesmoe
    Original Member

joesmoe Gold Member

Status Points:
    Tried it out, I like it :)

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  3. flacey8
    Original Member

flacey8 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Will GoMiles start charging a fee at some point? If not, how is GoMiles going to sustain? Thanks.

joesmoe likes this.
  4. SirRagnar
    Original Member

SirRagnar Silver Member

Status Points:
    I tried it out, but since 2 of 3 of my primary airline accounts would not be added I gave it up again - sorry.
    (for reference it was SAS Eurobonus and Czech Airlines OK Plus that it would not add)

Gnopps likes this.
  5. BobbyOrr
    Original Member

BobbyOrr Silver Member

Status Points:
    Gotta be honest ... I tried it this weekend and found it very helpful. The expiration notices are very useful. I had forgotten my wife and kid's American Airlines accounts were nearing expiration due to inactivity. The alert notice carried a recommendation to login to the accounts and take the links to shop at iTunes and buy a song for a buck to create activity and push out the expiration date. I was impressed to see this as it is something I do for most of the other airline accounts we have with limited activity.

I would point out to GoMiles.com that for AA there's an even cheaper solution to extending the expiration dates which is to download the AA shopping toolbar into your browser and log into your account and perform some search activity which will generate one mile earned for each 3 legitimate searches you perform. Thanks to the notice from GoMiles I was reminded to generate some activity which I did today using this search method for free.

I look forward to seeing a lot of other programs added to GoMiles.com. Right now it's primarily airlines and hotels and 3 rental car programs. Would be much more useful to me if programs like ePoll, eRewards, SwagBucks, MyPoints, InBox Dollars and others were here as well.

For some reason I am not able to get GoMiles to successfully access my Amtrak Rewards account. That's the only negative I've seen to it so far. Hopefully the program list will expand and they will keep this service free of charge. That would be great for all of us ...

6. Glad you like it, BobbyOrr! we'll update the AA protection guidance to point out the toolbar.

SirRagnar, we're working on SAS and Czech....

7. WearyBizTrvlr
    Original Member

WearyBizTrvlr Active Member

Status Points:
    I just signed up to give it a try. So far it looks OK but the site can't display my CX and KL balances for some reason (the login credentials are good and manually logging in works). I can't seem to add Fairmont President's Club (clicking on Save does nothing).

Missing programs:
    Accor A-Club
    GHA Local Experience
    Shangri-La Golden Circle

Amex MR does not work for Singapore- based accounts.

Looks promising!

GoMiles and Wandering Aramean like this.
  8. Joshua
    Original Member

Joshua Active Member

Status Points:
    Looks great! I love that I can track multiple accounts for each airline. That was a major limitation on some of the other sites.

9. Gnopps
    Original Member

Gnopps Silver Member

Status Points:
    Those are the exactly the programs I am missing as well. SK is listed as working but you can't add it. Also, I would like to see Finnair Plus added. So, my wish list would be SK, OK & AY.

OY-JFS likes this.
  10. BWIflyer
    Original Member

BWIflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I like it and follow all my accounts on one site.

11. WearyBizTrvlr
    Original Member

WearyBizTrvlr Active Member

Status Points:
    It still seems to have ongoing problems with the programs I mentioned earlier, and some others also are flaky. The Flight Search option inverts your selection of the "non-stop" button, and seems to think I have insufficient miles in any account except AA (although I have more than enough in three more programs for the searches I've done).

Definitely a work in progress...

12. wheat27
    Original Member

wheat27 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just signed up and entered the first few of my accounts. This definitely looks to be a promising program. I especially like the fact that I can enter multiple accounts per program since I tend to be in charge of or at least monitor most of the rewards accounts for the family

13. FrankieC

FrankieC Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've definitely been impressed with gomiles, any chance CitiBank ThankYou rewards will be added to the site for tracking as well?

Would help add the last account I can't track :)

14. alohastephen

alohastephen Gold Member

Status Points:
    I like it!

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  15. Geo
    Original Member

Geo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I do like GoMiles. It is simple and informative. Paying attention to some of the listed offers has gotten me a fist full of miles I wouldn't have had otherwise.

Sadly, AA seems to be wrecking the party. I sent a letter to AA on it requesting a response. Of course they ignored me.

16. OY-JFS
    Original Member

OY-JFS Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am hereby a fan!

17. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    how do you generate revenue? Selling of data?