An Interesting Offer for United Mastercard Members

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by MLW20, Mar 9, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    [​IMG]
    I received an e-mail from United about an interesting event coming up that United MileagePlus Mastercard holders could attend and pay for by using a small amount of miles.
    For 2,500 miles, United is offering the chance to reserve a spot at a private fashion show featuring men's and women's apparel at the The Mall at Short Hills in New Jersey. The event takes place inside Neiman Marcus on April 3.
    No, I wasn't interested but I have to say the offer sounded pretty fair and might be of interest to some of you.

Please keep in mind once again that this offer is only open to United MileagePlus Mastercard members.
    [​IMG]
    In addition to the fashion show, the event includes drinks, hors d'oeuvres and a $50 Neiman Marcus gift card. This sounds like a pretty fair value if you are into fashion.
    The $50 gift card alone makes this offer a decent one.
    You can reserve up to four tickets to the show.
    To save a spot, send an e-mail with your name, guest's names, the last 4 digits of your MileagePlus account and your address & phone number to unitedmp-cardevent@united.com. You will be contacted within a few days by phone or e-mail to complete your reservation.

2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I didn't even know/remember that there was a UA MasterCard :). I guess those are leftovers from when CO had Chase Mastercards?

Fashion show? Eh, not my cup of tea. ;)

MLW20 likes this.
  3. Olton Hall
    Original Member

Olton Hall Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Chase/CO OP Mastercard became the Chase/UA Explorer Mastercard. Simular change over from the former Presidents Plus card too.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  4. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not mine either but an interesting and fair offer!

5. pyndasky

pyndasky Silver Member

Status Points:
    thanks for sharing.... with that $50 Neiman's card, you might even be able to get a pair of socks... okay okay... maybe one sock...

6. guberif

guberif Silver Member

Status Points:
    Agree that I've never heard of a UA Mastercard! Crazy.

(Then again, I'd rather give up miles and points than go to a fashion show...)

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  7. secretsea18
    Original Member

secretsea18 Gold Member

Status Points:
    UA Chase Presidential Plus Card is also a Mastercard. (formerly Continental Presidential Plus Mastercard from Chase). I have one, but didn't get an invitation. Perhaps it is location based promotion

8. MLW20
    Original Member

MLW20 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow those must be some awesome socks. I've heard of Smartwool & Icebreaker socks being in the $15-$22 range but never one sock for $50. Do they sell gold toe (literally) socks or something like that?

9. IDGflygirl
    Original Member

IDGflygirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I believe that's correct.

10. KenInEscazu

KenInEscazu Gold Member

Status Points:
    Like most here, I have no interest in the fashion show, but... A private NM affair is always a fun and well-catered experience. They know how to treat their best customers. This might be an opportunity for those who aren't regular NM customers to experience something otherwise unavailable to the general public.

MLW20 likes this.
  11. webdes03

webdes03 Gold Member

Status Points:
    It must be a carry over from PMCO to PMUA... I have the Chase Explorer Mastercard, and have had it for about 4 years (obtained under CO, obviously). My girlfriend was issued a Chase Explorer Visa about a year ago. The applications looked identical, but hers is a Visa and mine is a Mastercard.