An Exclusive Offer to Take Back Your Silver Elite Status

Discussion in 'Carlson | Club Carlson' started by DJP_707, Mar 25, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Got the following email offer.

You deserve to spoil yourself this year. Enjoy the exclusive rewards and benefits of Club CarlsonSM Silver Elite status with our Status Take Back promotion.

By redeeming just 10,000 Gold Points®, you can once again enjoy complimentary room upgrades, a 15% point bonus on eligible stays, early check-in and late checkout, and more.

This offer is just for you and ends April 15, 2014, so upgrade today by calling Club Carlson Customer Care at one of the following numbers:

Terms and Conditions
    • 'Elite Take Back' Promotion is valid from March 24 - April 15, 2014
    • You must have an adequate point balance at time of upgrade request to participate
    • New elite status will be valid until February 28, 2015
    • Offer is non-transferrable and only valid to member receiving the offer
    • Member may upgrade elite status one level only
    • Member must call member services in order to redeem points for upgrade
    • The Promotion is subject to all Club Carlson Terms and Conditions. To the fullest extent permissible by law, Club Carlson reserves the right to add, modify, or discontinue Promotion without notice. Club Carlson is not responsible for any technical failures/interruptions, internet accessibility problems, incomplete or inaccurate registration information, or other errors of any kind that may affect your registration for this Promotion. Void where prohibited by law. By participating in this Promotion, you agree and consent to these terms and conditions and Club Carlson Terms and Conditions.
    Promotional offers are subject to terms and conditions. Services and amenities may vary by hotel, may not be available at all locations, and may be subject to availability and other restrictions. Participation in Club Carlson is subject to the program terms and conditions. All Club Carlson benefits and services are subject to availability and may vary by hotel. View member benefit terms and restrictions.

Newscience likes this.
  2. mht_flyer
    Original Member

mht_flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Club Carlson gave me my silver back even though I only stayed once -- but it was a expensive one in Lagos.

WilliamQ likes this.
  3. icurhere2
    Original Member

icurhere2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    That e-mail offer sounds like a nudge toward carrying the ClubCarlson credit card.

4. jonspencer

jonspencer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I found the Carlson Gold card to be all but worthless unless you demanded some benefits.

A Silver card would entice me to do nothing :eek:

traveltoomuch likes this.
  5. DJP_707
    Original Member

DJP_707 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Same here!

6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I got a spectacular upgrade in Bergen last week as a Concierge elite. Other than that no real value to me. And even that was of marginal value.

7. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    I get upgrades pretty frequently as a Gold. I don't ever ask, it just happens. Certainly better than IHG Platinum :)

8. Globalflyer
    Original Member

Globalflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I haven't received any upgrades as gold or silver. One time I did get a business class room but they didn't include any of the benefits associated with a business class room so it wasn't really an upgrade!

Club Carlson is very easy to status match if you have elite status in pretty much any hotel program so I wouldn't pay too many points for silver or gold status.