An excellent flight attendant experience today -

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by sophiegirl, Feb 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sophiegirl
    Original Member

sophiegirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    Today flying from CLT to BOS, the attendant working first greeted each of us by name, and then acknowledged our status level and thanked us for it. Quite a nice touch, and you could see everyone responding to it.

I also lost a pin off of my jacket. I thought I had it when I when entered the plane, but did not see it in the aisle or on the floor around my seat. Just prior to leaving the airport, i heard a page asking me to report to the US Baggage office....where they asked me to wait a few moments, as she had found my pin and was having it sent down.

Both of these gestures showed the true meaning of customer service / care. Just doing a little more, quite pleasantly.

Wanaflyforless and DeacFlyer1 like this.
  2. violist
    Original Member

violist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good. I've been getting good service from most of the passenger
    handling employees lately. Today, at PHL, the GA greeted me by
    name before I handed him my boredom pass. I was easy to pick out,
    though, being the last confirmed pax on the flight and huffing and
    puffing from an invigorating chase through the forest, er, journey
    from the far corner of F to the far corner of B.

3. Art234
    Original Member

Art234 Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    US still has some of the best front line employees in the business-which is remarkable because they really do so much with so little..I had a good experience on all 4 flights last week-despite getting stranded in CLT by weather-I was easily rebooked, and all crews and airport staff were very pleasant.

I have said this often but if management ever figures out that employees and customers are ASSETS rather than liabilities, they could really be a force to be reckoned with.

4. safetymom
    Original Member

safetymom Silver Member

Status Points:
    I think the airline needs to get rid of the East- West mentality. That is old news. They should be working as a team, not different divisions.

DeacFlyer1 and Flyer1976 like this.
  5. SS255
    Original Member

SS255 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree, but I don't see that happening until they are flying under one certificate.......which does not look likely to happen any time soon.

6. ande777emt
    Original Member

ande777emt Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'll say I had excellent service in Envoy on PHL-MUC-PHL. I was pleasantly surprised how attentive the FA's were. If it's a plane with an envoy suite, I'd probably take US over LH and AC.

7. desert_gecko
    Original Member

desert_gecko Silver Member

Status Points:
    If anyone feels that strongly about positive service, it would be a good idea to write in and let them know. You can do it on the US Airways website. Any information you provide, such as the flight number, where the flight started and ended, where you were seated, the employee's name if you know it, or a description of the employee will help.

8. safetymom
    Original Member

safetymom Silver Member

Status Points:
    I would go one step further and also let them know when you have a FA that didn't give good service. If they don't know there is a problem they can't fix it.

9. MikeLaw
    Original Member

MikeLaw Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you read the pilot discussion on usaviation, it doesn't look those two groups are ever going to integrate very well. Its like full scale war over there. But I do agree that the typical front line employee provides good service, both east and west, although I have to admit I still think I can recognize the ex-Piedmont folks, so I'd guess full integration is a long way away!

10. SS255
    Original Member

SS255 Silver Member

Status Points:
    While I agree that US has more than its fair share of great front line employees, I can imagine that the war between the pilot groups is having an impact on employee morale, and that in turn is trickling down to the customer. I really wish that the pilot groups would reach an agreement so US could finish this merger already.

11. karung99
    Original Member

karung99 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Kudos to the FA, love to heard that kind of good customer service