An Airline Wants To Give You Miles To Take A Loan

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Dec 5, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

There is no question about it, especially in this climate that is facing airlines switching to revenue based programs for earning miles – the easiest way to accrue a lot of miles and points is through credit cards. It is also true that it is a channel for taking on debt. If you are not careful in how you treat credit cards, you can end up paying more in fees and interest than if you purchased that premium class ticket outright instead of using miles. Whenever I do one-on-one consultations with people, I always emphasize the need to be careful and exercise restraint with credit cards, especially if they are new to reward cards. When used properly, these cards and their bonuses can give huge benefits. The flip side is also true – when misused, it can cause a lot of grief. I say that to those who would say that banks are giving us miles already in exchange for taking on debt, but that is not true if you... The post An Airline Wants To Give You Miles To Take A Loan appeared first on Running with Miles.

Continue reading...